Contribute
Register

Chuwi CoreBox Pro i3-1005G1 (Ice Lake): itlwm: taskq task_add iwx_newstate_task add to queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see anything Igpu related pop up in the logs so here is a config with a different framebuffer and a different device-id. I also looked up your hardware and it seems like it has an HDMI out, are you using that or a displayport out (I am asking because all of the icelake framebuffers use either internal laptop out or displayport out so if you want to use HDMI you might need to apply a patch but I am not sure if it is require to get any output at all.)

using a different SMBIOS shouldn't make a difference here but you might want to choose something that matches your hardware configuration closer than a macbookpro.

I also suppose that screen is not 4k, because that could give issues as well without patching?
You are correct about the SMBIOS. I tested with MacbookAir9,1 and got the same result.

My monitor is 1080p (I wish I had a 4k haha). I am currently using the HDMI port because my monitor does not support DisplayPort. I do have a DP-male to HDMI-female adapter that can be connected to the box. I have tried it with my HDMI cable and the monitor did not receive a signal. Having no monitor that supports DisplayPort means I have no way to confidently test using DP.

I will try the different framebuffer and device-id. Thanks

You are correct about the SMBIOS. I tested with MacbookAir9,1 and got the same result.

My monitor is 1080p (I wish I had a 4k haha). I am currently using the HDMI port because my monitor does not support DisplayPort. I do have a DP-male to HDMI-female adapter that can be connected to the box. I have tried it with my HDMI cable and the monitor did not receive a signal. Having no monitor that supports DisplayPort means I have no way to confidently test using DP.

I will try the different framebuffer and device-id. Thanks
Try the new config first and we will see if patching might be necesarry.

Try the new config first and we will see if patching might be necesarry.
Same results.

Two questions:
1. From where can I get the values to try for the framebuffer and device-id?
2. Is there a way to change the framebuffer and device-id on the ssd after installation (so as to avoid reinstalling the OS each time the values need to be changed)?

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 109
Same results.

Two questions:
1. From where can I get the values to try for the framebuffer and device-id?
2. Is there a way to change the framebuffer and device-id on the ssd after installation (so as to avoid reinstalling the OS each time the values need to be changed)?

1. I get these values from here, this is a manuel for whatevergreen (the kext that handles basically everything graphics related). You will probably not understand a lot about what is written there before you read this tutorial about graphics patching
2. You don't need to install the os every time you make a change to your EFI folder, the EFI folder is more like a list of settings which macOS will use to boot the os. These settings are always in the EFI folder and as long as you select the usb as boot device you are using the settings on the usb. once you completed the install and you copied the EFI to your ssd then you can boot from the ssd without the usb stick because you use the settings in the EFI on the ssd.

Next steps: I still think you need to fiddle with framebuffer id's and device-id's because these are the only things that would try the activate the Igpu (not necessarily succeed but at least try). Your machine is not really a laptop so using the Icelake laptop frame buffers might not be the right call but at the moment there don't really seem to be any NUC based framebuffers.

Your issue is related to this problem I think. Make sure you tried the recommended solutions mentioned there

To clarify: you will always need a framebuffer with a spoofed compatible device-id so try the recommended solutions with one of the plists I sent you above

Last edited:
1. I get these values from here, this is a manuel for what whatevergreen (the kext that handles basically everything graphics related). You will probably not understand a lot about what is written there before you read this tutorial about graphics patching
2. You don't need to install the os every time you make a change to your EFI folder, the EFI folder is more like a list of settings which macOS will use to boot the os. These settings are always in the EFI folder and as long as you select the usb as boot device you are using the settings on the usb. once you completed the install and you copied the EFI to your ssd then you can boot from the ssd without the usb stick because you use the settings in the EFI on the ssd.

Next steps: I still think you need to fiddle with framebuffer id's and device-id's because these are the only things that would try the activate the Igpu (not necessarily succeed but at least try). Your machine is not really a laptop so using the Icelake laptop frame buffers might not be the right call but at the moment there don't really seem to be any NUC based framebuffers.

Your issue is related to this problem I think. Make sure you tried the recommended solutions mentioned there

To clarify: you will always need a framebuffer with a spoofed compatible device-id so try the recommended solutions with one of the plists I sent you above
I will try that and share results

Good hackintosh !! I also join this one that I have the same as this Mugiwara colleague I will be pending if you are solving, greetings from Spain

Hi there!! Has anyone been fixed with this system? It seems to me that the colleague Mugiwara does not respond that I'm very interested in installing Hackintosh plz

Need to wait and see until the last EFI changes have been tried out.

Hi there!!
I have managed to boot with my Mac OS Catalina system everything perfect modifying EFI less without working the graph without acceleration and tunderbolt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back