Contribute
Register

Chinese Mini PC, i7-5500U HD5500, No QE/CI, tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also install via ASUS UEFI of your notebook that has some outdated version of UEFI BIOS, but the Chinese obeyed. Maybe it's that you give way in the CC. You're already satisfied with the Mavericks? SSD can be had for a lazy Mavericks
New: I put the Chinese into service, let them play with IMEI.
I'm not really satisfied because i will have Sierra but Mavericks is better than nothing.
I hope that chinese can be solved the MEI problem

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but what exactly happens when booting? Does it freeze and stay on the verbose boot screen or does it boot up but there's nothing on the screen and you can connect through screen sharing or remote access? I ran lspci on Linux and I do have an IMEI device. I have a HP 250 G5 laptop (specs in my profile)

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but what exactly happens when booting? Does it freeze and stay on the verbose boot screen or does it boot up but there's nothing on the screen and you can connect through screen sharing or remote access? I ran lspci on Linux and I do have an IMEI device. I have a HP 250 G5 laptop (specs in my profile)

If you have an IMEI, then you don't have this specific problem...

If you have an IMEI, then you don't have this specific problem...

That's what I thought. It shows as HECI in my IOreg and DSDT. I tried renaming it to IMEI and I still have the same problem.

That's what I thought. It shows as HECI in my IOreg and DSDT. I tried renaming it to IMEI and I still have the same problem.

Open a separate thread in the appropriate forum (likely one of the "Laptop Support" forums).
This forum is desktop only.

Open a separate thread in the appropriate forum (likely one of the "Laptop Support" forums).
This forum is desktop only.

It's desktop with a mobile CPU/IGPU of the same generation as my laptop's. That's why I asked here. I will open a new thread once I find what's the problem. Maybe I need a BIOS flash but that's risky.

@gundatib
do you managed it wo get HD5500 fully working ?

I have 100% same hardware.

when I set correct ig-platform-id 0x1616000(2/0) every boot ends in " ... gIOScreenlockstate 3 ..."
and the mobo makes strange noises ( high frequency ).

Same problem with Intel ME FW not showing any Version number in BIOS.

@gundatib
do you managed it wo get HD5500 fully working ?

I have 100% same hardware.

when I set correct ig-platform-id 0x1616000(2/0) every boot ends in " ... gIOScreenlockstate 3 ..."
and the mobo makes strange noises ( high frequency ).

Same problem with Intel ME FW not showing any Version number in BIOS.

If your computer has no Intel MEI device, no expectation it will work with macOS/OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back