Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H270N-Wifi
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX970
Hi all,
I bought a mini PC from Taobao, thought it would be cool to install macOS on it. It has a Broadwell i7-5500U & HD5500. I tried everything to get graphics working, OS detects HD5500, but only shows 8MB graphics memory.

DVMT is set to 96MB from BIOS, SMBIOS: Macbook Air7,2, ig-platform-id 0x16160002 (also tried 0x16160000), but they all stuck at boot (missing bluetooth transport). I can get it to boot without Inject Intel and no ig-platform-id, but that leaves with no QE/CI.

Attached are my config.plist and IOReg dump. Also, all the BIOS features are unlocked, there are a lot of options I've never seen before, I can post pics of it if that helps.

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 314
  • mini_pc_ioreg.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 332
Hi all,
I bought a mini PC from Taobao, thought it would be cool to install macOS on it. It has a Broadwell i7-5500U & HD5500. I tried everything to get graphics working, OS detects HD5500, but only shows 8MB graphics memory.

DVMT is set to 96MB from BIOS, SMBIOS: Macbook Air7,2, ig-platform-id 0x16160002 (also tried 0x16160000), but they all stuck at boot (missing bluetooth transport). I can get it to boot without Inject Intel and no ig-platform-id, but that leaves with no QE/CI.

Attached are my config.plist and IOReg dump. Also, all the BIOS features are unlocked, there are a lot of options I've never seen before, I can post pics of it if that helps.

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot.

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Also, remove patches you have for the BDWframebuffer kext. Set DVMT-prealloc as required.

Attached is the output of 'lspci -nn' and a BIOS screenshot of the GPU part. "DVMT-prealloc" I think you mean to set it in BIOS? Or a Clover config?

Attachments

• bios.png
    bios.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 383
  • output.txt
    2 KB · Views: 313
Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Also, remove patches you have for the BDWframebuffer kext. Set DVMT-prealloc as required.

I removed BDWframebuffer patch, still no avail.

Attached is the output of 'lspci -nn' and a BIOS screenshot of the GPU part. "DVMT-prealloc" I think you mean to set it in BIOS? Or a Clover config?

Your lspci output shows no Intel MEI controller device on the PCIe bus. OS X requires it. It is a BIOS/hardware issue.

Hi all,

I probably have a very similar mini PC, and exactly the same problem.

First of all, nothing is stuck at "missing bluetooth...". The problem is that the GPU is actually detected and the BDWframebuffer kext loaded, but I think the graphics output is not correctly configured for some reason (wrong/no output). Use screen sharing to get more information.

Thanks to RehabMan I also noticed that Intel MEI is missing. If this it the problem, then something like this might fix it?
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297054-help-intel-hd4000-os-x-1092-detected-but-no-qeqc/

Another symptom I have seen is that Ubuntu cannot find the "graphics device" when booting with Clover. Without Clover everything is fine.

Hi all,

I probably have a very similar mini PC, and exactly the same problem.

First of all, nothing is stuck at "missing bluetooth...". The problem is that the GPU is actually detected and the BDWframebuffer kext loaded, but I think the graphics output is not correctly configured for some reason (wrong/no output). Use screen sharing to get more information.

Thanks to RehabMan I also noticed that Intel MEI is missing. If this it the problem, then something like this might fix it?
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297054-help-intel-hd4000-os-x-1092-detected-but-no-qeqc/

Another symptom I have seen is that Ubuntu cannot find the "graphics device" when booting with Clover. Without Clover everything is fine.

WOW, you're right! I can use Screen Sharing to get into the machine, and System Information show correct GPU memory (1536MB)! Ya, this computer has really weird ass display outputs, it's got 2 HDMI, and I think a LVDS connector inside.

So what's next?

EDIT: OK, I've checked, there's no LVDS connector inside...Hmmm

I was thinking if it's possible to inject/patch the FB so it detects the 2 HDMI ports.

Last edited:
WOW, you're right! I can use Screen Sharing to get into the machine, and System Information show correct GPU memory (1536MB)! Ya, this computer has really weird ass display outputs, it's got 2 HDMI, and I think a LVDS connector inside.

So what's next?

EDIT: OK, I've checked, there's no LVDS connector inside...Hmmm

I was thinking if it's possible to inject/patch the FB so it detects the 2 HDMI ports.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attachments

• mini_pc.zip
    507.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Here it is!

EDIT: Oops, uploaded as zip now.

There is no Intel MEI controller on the PCIe bus. OS X requires it. It is a hardware/BIOS flash issue for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back