xfx radeon hd 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I was trying out the new more modern bootloader Clover and I did like it for the most part. However, I haven't been able to test the OS because nether my mouse nor my keyboard was detected, and no other USB device for that matter. So I ended up rebooting and trying different fixes after fixes and nothing worked.

I did notice some relevant errors on boot-up:
Code:
2013-03-03 02:52:04,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    0.589    USBF:    0.589    EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOSEHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS
2013-03-03 02:52:04,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    0.589    AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801faa1000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
2013-03-03 02:52:04,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    0.589    AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801faa1000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
2013-03-03 02:52:04,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    0.609    AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801f9b0000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
2013-03-03 02:52:04,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    0.614    AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801f9b0000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

However, I haven't been able to fix those. :/

Here is what I did:
I used clover v2 r1140 and installed it on a USB (Fat32 MBR) with normal BIOS mode.
I've tried using both my personal DSDT.aml and an automatically generated one from Clover (Nether fixed the USB).
I've tried USBLegacyFix=Yes, USBInjection=Yes, USBInjection=No (Default is Yes anyway), USBInjection=No & USBFixOwnership=Yes combined. Nothing worked.
I've tried the DSDT USBFix patch in Clover.
I've tried patching with -- PIRACY PROMOTING SITE o --'s EHCI ownership patch but it couldn't patch my AML! (I even tried changing 0x001D0007 to 0x001D0000 within the patch file to make it compatible, but that didn't help much.)

I really don't understand how USB works on Chimera and not with Clover. I really need help with this one, I'm stuck and I haven't been able to find anyone with the same issue. So help is very appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.3 KB · Views: 626
  • DSDTs.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 283
my thoughts on chimera is good but always out of date.clover good too its still in dev has issues i have this on flash drive to and no issues for me knock on wood.best to use main branch through chameleon wizard.noticed ur using npci=0x2000 instead of npci=0x3000 in plist.current rev of chameleon 2187 chimera on 1140 lol.try chameleon wizard its the main branch and has the least amount of issues such as kernelcache booting to fast and still waiting for root device problems.sorry for the long post. test via flash drive first. get chameleon wizard 4.2.1 its current

my thoughts on chimera is good but always out of date.clover good too its still in dev has issues i have this on flash drive to and no issues for me knock on wood.best to use main branch through chameleon wizard.noticed ur using npci=0x2000 instead of npci=0x3000 in plist.current rev of chameleon 2187 chimera on 1140 lol.try chameleon wizard its the main branch and has the least amount of issues such as kernelcache booting to fast and still waiting for root device problems.sorry for the long post. test via flash drive first. get chameleon wizard 4.2.1 its current

I'm using Chimera 2.0 from tonymacx86 and my Clover USB is revision 1140, that's not the Chameleon revision. :p

My Chimera on my start-up HDD is working just fine, no KP, full functionality (except for USB 3.0). So Chimera is no problem at all. However I decided to switch to Clover (which I haven't done yet) because it has real UEFI and Core Storage support. So I'm able to use features such as Fusion Drive and boot EFI versions of Windows. All that is not possible with Chameleon and Chimera, so I have to at least try to get this working. Clover only appear to have one problem for now and that's the USB.

However, you mentioned npci, I don't know what it does but I'll try to edit it and I'll try to come back with the results.

EDIT: Changing to npci=0x3000 didn't help.

chimera 2.0.1r2109 corrected.you are not the only one with usb issues hasent been resolved yet. read slice is working on it

chimera 2.0.1r2109 corrected.you are not the only one with usb issues hasent been resolved yet. read slice is working on it
I found something relevant:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2589

That's a list of issues with Clover that has to be resolved, posted by Slice.

He mentioned that there was an issues with some "USB buses", that might be it. However, I've no clue whether the process of fixing that issue has even started yet, since all I've found was no more than a vague mention of a USB problem.

UPDATE: Fixed from UEFI BIOS. On Asus motherboards there is an uption for OSs that do not support "EHCI hand-off", go to Advanced -> USB Configuration -> EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled. And there you go, that fixed my USB problem.

It's still sad though that Clover do not have as good compatibility as Chimera, but hopefully that'll improve in the future. :)

Hi, I've the same problem on Asus N53SV. In my bios I can't find EHCI Hand-off, waht can I do?

Regards

did you manage to fix it? i have exactly the same problem!!!

UPDATE: Fixed from UEFI BIOS. On Asus motherboards there is an uption for OSs that do not support "EHCI hand-off", go to Advanced -> USB Configuration -> EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled. And there you go, that fixed my USB problem.

You, sir, are a genius! Solved my problem on my Asus mobo.

I found something relevant:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2589

That's a list of issues with Clover that has to be resolved, posted by Slice.

He mentioned that there was an issues with some "USB buses", that might be it. However, I've no clue whether the process of fixing that issue has even started yet, since all I've found was no more than a vague mention of a USB problem.

It's still sad though that Clover do not have as good compatibility as Chimera, but hopefully that'll improve in the future. :)

Give this man a cookie and a MEDAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back