Graphics
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
My hackintosh has been working for two months and i am considering dual booting. I decided to test chimera by putting it onto a USB 8GB stick and seeing if my drive would boot from there. It says it couldn't find mach_kernel even though i see it in org.chameleon.Boot.plst!!!! Please help!!! I want to try and dual boot but I can't without the USB bootloader

Try copying your /Extra folder to the USB drive.

I partitioned the USB to master boot record and mac osx extended(journeled) Then I ran the Chimera package onto the 8GB partition,
restarted my machine booted off the flash drive and my hard drive came up!! but when I click on it...then it says it couldn't find mach_kernal even though it is there on my org.chameleon.Boot.plst
PLEASE HELP

I partitioned the USB to master boot record and mac osx extended(journeled) Then I ran the Chimera package onto the 8GB partition,
restarted my machine booted off the flash drive and my hard drive came up!! but when I click on it...then it says it couldn't find mach_kernal even though it is there on my org.chameleon.Boot.plst
PLEASE HELP

Tonymac's rBoot is a CD image that does the same thing you are trying to accomplish. Try downloading and burning it to a CD and see if you can boot with it.

Upon examining rBoot, you need to add the Extra folder to your USB drive and have org.chameleon.Boot.plist inside. BUT, that file does not have the following in it, so try removing it from the org.chameleon.Boot.plist that you place on the USB drive:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back