Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.2 Update

Thanks for the work Mac Man i really appreciate it.
i have gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 bios f12
intel hd2500
gt 640
how i must set my bios and chimera plist to have them working together?
using 640 as primary
regards Wolfintosh

can i update and choose graphics yes and use both evga gt 640 and hd 4000?................ ahhh hhaaaa i back read a bit and see now.. Yes I can !!!! thanks Mac man!

No as the current solution FileNVRAM is closed source and the developer claims that Chimera is a commercial product and won't let us include it.

Because of that you can search for FileNVRAM and download and install it yourself, but beware of the following limitations:

Version 1.1.2 fixes iMessage ONLY
Version 1.1.3 fixes FaceTime crash only.

There is no current solution for both when using Chimera.

lol, I know of this argument. Anyway, I wonder if the poster tried adding his credit card info in his iTunes account. Apparently that worked for me after everything else failed.

I'm having trouble getting this to work the way I was hoping it would.

I have the following in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0166000A</string>

If I have autologon turned on, it works. With my monitor connected only to my Titan, it turns on after OS X finishes starting. However, if I have autologin turned off (name and password prompt at startup), the monitor connected to the Titan will not work. Even if I unplug it from the Titan and plug it into the IGP, it won't turn on. I have to startup with the monitor connected to the IGP to be able to see the login screen.

I've tried this without the IGPlatformID key and it doesn't work at all. I also tried changing BIOS settings, but found I still need to have the priority set to IGP and the memory set to 64M.

It seems the IGPEnabler and IGPlatformID don't kick in until after login. Even if I type my name and password without being able to see the screen the monitor won't turn on with either the Titan or IGP ports.

I was hoping to be able to leave the priority and memory in the BIOS set to Auto or PCIE and Auto because Windows won't work with my HD4000 graphics if they're set to IGP and 64M.

Is there any possibility to get it to work that way?

Update: I actually got it working. It seems that I just have to turn the monitor off and then back on sometimes. Unplugging and re-plugging the monitor doesn't help, which is a little odd. I also removed the keys from the plist. If I have those in there, should I be able to start OS X with the primary GPU in the BIOS set to Auto or PCIE?

Select PCIe as 1st display in the BIOS/UEFI.
Yes, but then the HD4000 is not enabled. What several of us are asking is if it is possible to keep the HD4000 enabled while keeping our display connected to our discrete card. One way to do this is you can tell the bios to init display first on the iGFX while keeping the monitor plugged into the discrete card, however the problem with this is your display does not work until OSX finishes booting. This prevents one from seeing the bios screen, boot loader, and the apple logo.

No as the current solution FileNVRAM is closed source and the developer claims that Chimera is a commercial product and won't let us include it.

Because of that you can search for FileNVRAM and download and install it yourself, but beware of the following limitations:

Version 1.1.2 fixes iMessage ONLY
Version 1.1.3 fixes FaceTime crash only.

There is no current solution for both when using Chimera.

Does it mean that if i use chamaleon as bootloader nvram 1.1.3 would fix both?

Yes! Or Clover, RevoBoot or XPC, each one using a different method to achieve the same result - see the alternate boot loaders section.

All the best!

Hi...

ive been having constant problmes with my hackintosh. I installed it 2 days ago working fine booting and everything but now its stuck at the logo.
can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back