Contribute
Register

Chances of success with ASUS Z77 Sabertooth??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.8
CPU
i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Just wondering if its worth buying the Asus Z77 Sabertooth, I love this mobo and at the moment I cant seem to get a hold a gigabyte UP5-TH in my country (only at ridiculous prices). The Asus mono in being sold for a great deal at the moment too, so I just seem to keep coming back to it as my choice.

But, I do have some concerns about it having some issues (read some things somewhere), for example, sleep/wake, usb 3.0 ports not working or even the whole system not being compatible. Im looking at combining it with a gtx680 and the i73770k.

Any thoughts or suggestions or any information and advice on this motherboard would be greatly appreciated!! Hoping to have ordered my parts by the end of the week :D

Cheers

Gee, I don't know. How about you just google it? Seriously... just type in Asus Z77 Sabertooth Hackintosh. It's not that hard. There's plenty of successful builds from this site alone.

Also, that 2nd board is expensive everywhere because they don't make it anymore, I'm pretty sure.

The UP5-TH is replaced by the Z77X-UD5H, which is essentially the same board with out the Thunderbolt display ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back