Contribute
Register

Catalina on TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add the USBInjectAll.kext fro the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. A recent version of this kext is required for your USB ports to be displayed in Hackintool.

I have attached a copy of the USBInjectAll.kext below, add it to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and see if that helps.

Make sure you remove any 'Fixes' you might have applied to your setup while trying to fix the USB issue.

Attachments

• USBInjectAll_v0.7.8.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 82
I forgot to add the USBInjectAll.kext fro the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. A recent version of this kext is required for your USB ports to be displayed in Hackintool.

I have attached a copy of the USBInjectAll.kext below, add it to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and see if that helps.

Make sure you remove any 'Fixes' you might have applied to your setup while trying to fix the USB issue.

Thanks man! it works!!

would the onboard IGpu video work natively on a B560m with a 10700k? I don't want to use a video card. I see that OP has an AMD card in sig. It works on the B460 series.

Wanted to check before ordering.

would the onboard IGpu video work natively on a B560m with a 10700k? I don't want to use a video card. I see that OP has an AMD card in sig. It works on the B460 series.

Wanted to check before ordering.

Hi there. Yes and No.

The iGPU will give display output, with the correct settings, BUT there will be no hardware acceleration. This means a jerky, tearing screen when scrolling and no translucent effects. Games would be a no-no and any serious video rendering also. This is a quirk of 500-series chipsets with macOS.

If you can find a natively supported Nvidia GPU or an AMD one, that would be the way to go.

Thank you, you saved me a system build and an Amazon return.

My Asus Z490M just gave it's last breath. Was going to get the B560m and transfer the chip over. Using my M1 Mini is not the same.

Hello,
Yesterday I bought these stuffs for my new Hackintosh:
- Asus TUF B560M-Plus Wifi motherboard
- I5-11400 CPU
- 32GB RAM
- WD Red SN700 NVMe SSD 1TB
As I see it, this is a well-established configuration. If you have a well working an OpenCore EFI for this config, please attach that. If I have change something, please highlight that.
Thank you for advance!

Hi @Edhawk,
Thnaks for the response. :) I am planning to buy one but I did not decided that which one.
But I have an old VGA for a while... a GeForce GTX 650 TI. Isn't good for start? It was in my old Hackintosh.

That's a Kepler series dGPU from the first generation, so no it is not ideal. As the first Gen Kepler cards (GK 106 Variants) had a memory issue, which was never fixed in macOS. It will work, but it may cause some graphical artefacts and glitches. But as a short term solution it should be OK.

Have a look at this part of the Nvidia section from the GPU Buyers Guide.

# Kepler Series(GK106 Variants)

You need to use one of the the DVI or the mini-HDMI connectors, do not use a VGA connector if at all possible. As they are not supported in macOS and add unnecessary issues to macOS.

Also steer clear of any adapters/adapter cables, as they too add unnecessary issues when they don't work correctly. Straight DVI to DVI cable/connection would be best.

I have read that the following BIOS settings may be required in case of Asus TUF B560M-Plus Wifi:
- VT-d: Enable the VT-d function, because it is required by macOS for virtualization.
- SATA Mode: Set to AHCI mode.
- Fast Boot: Disable as this may cause conflicts with macOS.
- CSM: Disable because macOS does not support this option.
- Secure Boot: Disable because macOS does not support this option.
- USB Configuration: Set to XHCI mode.
- XMP Profile: Enable memory XMP profiles to run at maximum speed.

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back