Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Gaming V560M-PLUS Wifi
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
Radeon RX 560
Apologies if this subject has already been addressed. My Goolge-fu has not been able to turn up any substantial results. I recently built a new machine that wasn't initially intended as a Hackintosh (specs below). It was an upgrade to a OBS capture PC running Windows (which works fine naturally). When I realized how much extra "oomph" I could potentially get out of this machine as compare to my Late 2014 Mac Mini (I5-4278U 8GB RAM, with hack to run eGPU on Thunderbolt 2), I though well shoot, I could potentially swap the purpose of the two. From what I've read so far, I might be out of luck with the B560 chipset, but thought I'd ask the community in the event that I'm just stubbing my toe somewhere along the line.

I am by no means an expert in Hackintosh, barely novice I'd say. I had High-Sierra and Mojave running on my OverPowered OP-LP3, but could never get the Nvidia 1060 working so I scrapped it.

I can boot into Clover but can get no further, I enabled the verbose switch to see if I could find any useful debug information and it just led me down rabbit holes that dead ended all over the internet. The Catalina build wouldn't boot on my Overpowered laptop either, however a fresh Mojave would (using Unibeast). Mojave wouldn't boot on the new rig either. I'm definitely open to suggestions, but I'm also ok with a "that just won't work" answer as well as this wasn't purpose built for being a Hackintosh. I appreciate any feedback y'all might have.

Thanks!!!

Machine Specs:
Motherboard: TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS WIFI
CPU: i3-10100
16 GB RAM
1TB M.2 Samsung 970

EDIT: Not that it matters too much, the use case is FCPx editing 1080p footage, exporting H.264. I don't care about iMessage, AirDrop, or any other Apple features. I'm just looking to be able to edit and export my video along with having wired networking support (even if a third party adapter is required).

Last edited:
Post a copy of your Clover folder, so we can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using to boot this system.

Redact or delete the Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, ROM and MLB in your config.plist, before you post a copy here.

Your 500-series motherboard and 10th-series CPU won't natively run High Sierra or Mojave. Native support only appeared in Catalina 10.15.4 (i think) for the 10th-Series CPU. I think they can be Hacked to run earlier versions of macOS, but that probably requires more knowledge and input on your part.

For future reference the Nvidia GTX 1060 is not natively supported in macOS, as it is a Maxwell core GPU which Apple never used. The Maxwell cards require the Nvidia Web Drivers to function correctly in macOS. The last version of macOS to support the Nvidia Web Drivers was High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks Edhawk.

I've attached everything from the EFI partition of my Catalina bootable USB stick along with a picture of where it hangs on my non-bootable machine (500 series mobo, 10th gen CPU, RX560). It should be bone stock following The Guide.

Good to know that they earlier versions of MOSS won't work with the newer hardware. I was originally going to try with Big Sur, but aside from being unable to get more than a stub install downloaded for whatever reason, it seemed as though there wasn't a clear and easy to follow guide for getting it up and running. I made all the suggested BIOS updates except for CFG-Lock as there was no configuration for it.

I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

PXL_20210709_225726560.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 331
That is a common error, which usually relates to missing or incorrectly set SSDT's, which Big Sur and Catalina require when booting on a Hack.

Your Asus Comet Lake system requires these SSDT's by default.
  • SSDT-AWAC.aml
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml, and
  • SSDT-RHUB.aml
Copies of the four SSDT's are attached below. Add them to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and try booting again.

Attachments

• SSDT-AWAC.aml.zip
    775 bytes · Views: 188
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.zip
    928 bytes · Views: 233
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    972 bytes · Views: 193
  • SSDT-RHUB.aml.zip
    927 bytes · Views: 189
Your motherboard has a Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet port. So you don't need any of the four Ethernet kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You need to use the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext for your built-in Ethernet port to work. The kext can be downloaded from this GitHub repository - https://github.com/Mieze/LucyRTL8125Ethernet

You don't have AppleALC.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, I would add this by default as it is essential if you are to get your built-in Audio Codec working in macOS.

You may need to add the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, for your motherboard's USB ports to be identified.

Copies of these three kexts are attached below.

Your config.plist is bereft of anything useful, other than the two Catalina USB port limit patches!

Attachments

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 126
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 154
Provide a copy of your ACPI tables.

To obtain a copy of the ACPI Tables from your system when using Clover, do the following:
  1. The ACPI Tables can be obtained by pressing the 'F4' key while on the Clover Boot Screen.
  2. The tables are saved in the background, with no evidence that anything is happening.
  3. So just leave the system for around 30 seconds before doing anything such as booting the system.
  4. The ACPI tables will be written to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB or your macOS drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.
  5. Provide a compressed copy of your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.

Thanks Edhawk.

I dropped the aml and kexts provided in the appropriate locations, but still was unable to get booted off the USB drive. I've gathered the ACPI tables as requested and have attached them here.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    137.9 KB · Views: 117
Using your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script I have generated a few custom SSDT's for your system.
  1. SSDT-AWAC.aml
  2. SSDT-EC.aml
  3. SSDT-HPET.aml**
  4. SSDT-PLUG.aml
  5. SSDT-PMC.aml*, and
  6. SSDT-USB-Reset.aml
These custom SSDT's should be used in place of the generic SSDT's I provided in post #5. These contain the specific device details for your system. Whereas the generic SSDT's contain numerous 'Catch-All' settings for a multitude of motherboards. The custom SSDT's should be faster to load and work better with your system.

The previous group of SSDT's included a combined EC and USBX SSDT. This should be replaced by the SSDT-EC.aml and a separate SSDT-USBX.aml, which I have also attached below.

The SSDT-USB-Reset.aml only contains the USB details for your system, it replaces SSDT-RHUB.aml Same goes for the SSDT-PLUG.aml attached here.

*I am not sure your system requires the SSDT-PMC.aml. This SSDT fixes an issue where on some 300-series motherboards the Nvram is not set natively. So your Comet Lake system probably doesn't need this SSDT.

**The SSDT-HPET.aml and accompanying config.plist patches are used to correct IRQ conflicts that occur on some older systems and laptops. So you may not need this SSDT or the patches.

I have created a CLOVER folder for your system, based on the details mentioned above.

Use this in place of your current CLOVER folder. The revised folder contains the SSDT's, Kexts and other settings required to boot a Comet Lake system.

You will probably need to generate a new Serial Number, Board Serial number/MLB, SmUUID and ROM, as I am sure someone will look to steal and use this folder and all its contents.

Hopefully it will get your system booting macOS Catalina.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 428
Using your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script I have generated a few custom SSDT's for your system.
  1. SSDT-AWAC.aml
  2. SSDT-EC.aml
  3. SSDT-HPET.aml**
  4. SSDT-PLUG.aml
  5. SSDT-PMC.aml*, and
  6. SSDT-USB-Reset.aml
These custom SSDT's should be used in place of the generic SSDT's I provided in post #5. These contain the specific device details for your system. Whereas the generic SSDT's contain numerous 'Catch-All' settings for a multitude of motherboards. The custom SSDT's should be faster to load and work better with your system.

The previous group of SSDT's included a combined EC and USBX SSDT. This should be replaced by the SSDT-EC.aml and a separate SSDT-USBX.aml, which I have also attached below.

The SSDT-USB-Reset.aml only contains the USB details for your system, it replaces SSDT-RHUB.aml Same goes for the SSDT-PLUG.aml attached here.

*I am not sure your system requires the SSDT-PMC.aml. This SSDT fixes an issue where on some 300-series motherboards the Nvram is not set natively. So your Comet Lake system probably doesn't need this SSDT.

**The SSDT-HPET.aml and accompanying config.plist patches are used to correct IRQ conflicts that occur on some older systems and laptops. So you may not need this SSDT or the patches.

Hello, I have a question, all this works fine in Big Sur too, but I have a problem with the USB ports, I tried to map the ports with Hackintool but the application does not show them, and the "serial" column says "Unknown", basically the The problem is that USB 3.0 does not work as such, if I put a 3.0 pendrive in that port, Big Sur does not show it. I attach a photo of hackintool, I don't know if you can help me. Thanks!

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-24 a la(s) 17.18.21.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-24 a la(s) 17.18.21.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back