Contribute
Register

Catalina boot screen stuck at Apple logo (with and also without progress bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that without the USB (using the clover installed on the hard drive) the screen glitches during boot and then the keyboard and trackpad don’t work.

What do you mean properly? I copied the USB’s contents to the mounted EFI in the Clover configurator. I didn’t use any software I think. The computer works with the USB but acts like there is no Clover installed

I emptied the mounted EFI here- the partition’s name is NO NAME and it doesn’t show up in the clover installer:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 31
I emptied the mounted EFI here- the partition’s name is NO NAME and it doesn’t show up in the clover installer:
you need to install clover to your hard drive called MacOS (not MacOs DATA!)

1st picture: If I use the Clover package installer on the MacOS drive- the computer wouldn’t load without the USB.
On the 2nd picture there is the clover package and the clover app.
If I use the Clover app to install on the 3rd picture, I’m not able to install on MacOS and only on different drives

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
1st picture: If I use the Clover package installer on the MacOS drive- the computer wouldn’t load without the USB.
On the 2nd picture there is the clover package and the clover app.
If I use the Clover app to install on the 3rd picture, I’m not able to install on MacOS and only on different drives
i really don't understand what you have done

you install macOS via usb

when you get to macOS desktop, you mount the efi partition from usb installer, then copy the EFI folder from that hidden partition to your desktop

remove usb installer

install clover to your main hard drive

then clover will automatically mount the hidden EFI partition on your hard drive

open that EFI partition, delete the EFI folder that you see in there

then copy the EFI folder from your desktop (the one you copied from your usb installer) to the EFI partition

then reboot

I think I have it. I did it with the partition shown in the clover configurator.
The computer also boots normally now without the USB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 33
I still don’t understand where to put kexts though- in MacOS- data/library/extensions? They don’t appear to take effect because I also installed a ethernet kext and it doesn’t do anything and also audio still doesn’t work even though I have AppleALC in there

I think I have it. I did it with the partition shown in the clover configurator.
The computer also boots normally now without the USB
glad it works, normally "clover" from your image would have been called EFI

no idea what you done..

regards to your kexts, keep them in clover/kexts/other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back