Contribute
Register

Catalina boot screen stuck at Apple logo (with and also without progress bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when trying to install clover I'm not able to choose my main HDD and also MacOS tells me clover is incompatible even though I'm using the newest clover 2.5
you can ignore any messages about not being compatible, just instal lit, then when the EFI gets mounted from your hard drive, delete the efi folder withing

then mount the efi from your usb installer and copy that EFI folder to hard drive one

you can ignore any messages about not being compatible, just instal lit, then when the EFI gets mounted from your hard drive, delete the efi folder withing

then mount the efi from your usb installer and copy that EFI folder to hard drive one
But the problem is that in the clover application I can’t see the hard drive. Only in the installer

But the problem is that in the clover application I can’t see the hard drive. Only in the installer
not sure what you mean, try running these 3 lines in terminal first, then re run the installer

Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

Where is Clover supposed to be? Because in the MacOS-Data folder there is a default EFI folder I’m unable to delete even with terminal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I was able to install clover but I cannot see the Library or anything else on the drive. Where is everything else?
after installing clover to your hard drive, the EFI partition will automatically get mounted

you can use clover configurator, choose mount on the left handside and then mount your hard drive, your EFI partition will then appear

But how do I make the configurator mount the EFI folder on the USB? It’s currently not doing anything

But how do I make the configurator mount the EFI folder on the USB? It’s currently not doing anything
clover configurator can mount usb efi as well

The problem is that MacOS regards this generic EFI folder as a file required by the system even though it doesn’t have the right config.plist and drives etc.
How am I supposed to change this using the configurator?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 36
The problem is that MacOS regards this generic EFI folder as a file required by the system even though it doesn’t have the right config.plist and drives etc.
How am I supposed to change this using the configurator?
your last image, click the open partition button

don't be adding EFI folder to your data folder

I installed clover and I think it succeeded, since I’m now able to boot with Clover without the USB. But now, without the USB the keyboard and trackpad aren’t working and while booting it shows this kind of glitched screen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back