Contribute
Register

Caps Lock always on on ProBook 4540s with Mavericks installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea? I downloaded from the link OK. I've already told you, I've tried EC reset...
So are you saying you have no idea what the problem is? Surely there must be something I can try to solve this?

No idea? I downloaded from the link OK. I've already told you, I've tried EC reset...
So are you saying you have no idea what the problem is? Surely there must be something I can try to solve this?

If you have not done a fresh install, try that. Otherwise, no idea. You're the first/only person with this issue.

I've done at least 3 fresh installs. Could it be a BIOS issue? Please don't give up on me, I feel I'm close to a solution... Thanks for all your help!

I've done at least 3 fresh installs. Could it be a BIOS issue? Please don't give up on me, I feel I'm close to a solution... Thanks for all your help!

Install debug version of the ps2 driver. Then do an EC reset.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Press the keys while monitoring output in system.log from Console.app.

And... is there anything we should know about the keyboard built-in to your laptop? Any particular region of the world for which it is designed?

Thanks for this... Will try debug version of the ps2 driver. The keyboard looks totally normal - it's a normal qwerty keyboard, nothing unusual about t that I can see... Will get back to you with my findings!

OK, some progress... :) Tried EC Reset after installing kext. Trackpad and internal keyboard weren't working at all. Rebooted. Trackpad and internal keyboard working, and Caps Lock is off for the first time!
Here is the console log for pressing 'shift' and 'a' keys. The Caps Lock Key produces no output to the console, and DOES NOT toggle it's state (i.e. Caps Lock LED remains off, regardless of key presses).

If it stays like this, it's useable, but I'd like to get to the bottom of why the Caps Lock is proving a problem!

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 01.48.17.png

Update: Caps Lock did provide output once, then stayed on. Output was 39. On another topic, which wifi card would you recommend to get WiFi working properly on this laptop? Ideally I'd like the Airport Icon to be active - I believe the Broadcom mini-PCI card will do this, but please advise...

Thanks again for all your help!

OK, some progress... :) Tried EC Reset after installing kext. Trackpad and internal keyboard weren't working at all. Rebooted. Trackpad and internal keyboard working, and Caps Lock is off for the first time!
Here is the console log for pressing 'shift' and 'a' keys. The Caps Lock Key produces no output to the console, and DOES NOT toggle it's state (i.e. Caps Lock LED remains off, regardless of key presses).

If it stays like this, it's useable, but I'd like to get to the bottom of why the Caps Lock is proving a problem!

View attachment 93459

Update: Caps Lock did provide output once, then stayed on. Output was 39. On another topic, which wifi card would you recommend to get WiFi working properly on this laptop? Ideally I'd like the Airport Icon to be active - I believe the Broadcom mini-PCI card will do this, but please advise...

Thanks again for all your help!

I think your install is damaged. Re-download Mavericks from the Mac App Store, re-create your USB installer and re-install from scratch using one of the sticky guides. Do not forget to erase the partition first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back