Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU
Intel i7 6700k Quad Core 4ghz
Graphics
GTX 1050 ti
Sierra 10.12.5 - z170x ud5 Motherboard - i7 6700 4.01 GHz - 32 GB RAM - GTX 1050 ti Graphics Card - 1 TB SSD Crucial

OK..........

I CANNOT get my Hackintosh to switch over to my installed Nvidia Web Driver for my GTX 1050ti graphics card. (It currently says 'Display 7mb'). I've tried Step 6 to fix the NVRAM with no luck. I've installed the correct driver, changed my config.plist with the updated NvidiaWeb code, added the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsfixup kexts.....

My screen lags and glitches a ton and most importantly, won't display my higher end plugins in Pro Tools, which is why I built this machine in the first place.

HELP!?!!?!

config.plist attached as well as some screenshots of the About This Mac section.

Attachments

• config.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 2.27.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 2.27.19 PM.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 425
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 2.27.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 2.27.29 PM.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 453
Also ...

Check which system definition you are using. You should only need NvidiaGraphicsFixup for 17,1. Try 14,2 without it instead.

Make sure InjectNvidia is NOT ticked in Clover Configurator or set to false otherwise.

:)

Also ...

Check which system definition you are using. You should only need NvidiaGraphicsFixup for 17,1. Try 14,2 without it instead.

Make sure InjectNvidia is NOT ticked in Clover Configurator or set to false otherwise.

I'm on 14,2 so I removed the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext but it didn't see to make a difference. InjectNvidia isn't ticked in Clover Configurator and hasn't been for a few days of trying to troubleshoot the issue. Still unable to switch over to the Nvidia Web Driver.

The one question I have is in regard to using Multibeast and the Emulated NVRAM install. I'm installing it on my Sierra SSD and NOT the actual USB installer, right?

You need "kext-dev-mode=1" in boot arguments in order to load 3rd party kext.

Also, if you ends up with a success, try removing emulated NVRAM and see if you have native NVRAM support.

It works much better than the emulated one.
Thanks shasen1235, I've enabled the 'kext-dev-mode=1' but so far no good. Everytime I check the Nvidia Web Driver option and it restarts, I'm back to OSX Default Graphics Driver and the graphics are super laggy and glitchy. I've tried installing the emulated NVRAM with Multibeast multiple times, and InjectNvidia is not selected in my graphics options in Clover Configurator. And in the 'About This Mac section', it still reads my graphics card as 'Display 7MB'.

This is a well known problem starting with Z100 motherboards - NVRAM is not saved between boots. Follow the steps in slim.jim's problem solving guide > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

You can also use MultiBeast to correct the problem. Just select the following and install:
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​
Thanks Stork. I've tried that step many times but it hasn't made a difference so far. And just so I'm clear, when I DO install the UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM, I install on my Sierra SSD and NOT the USB installer thumb drive, correct? That's what I've been doing but I'm paranoid that I've been installing it to the wrong drive this whole time or something....

Thanks Stork. I've tried that step many times but it hasn't made a difference so far. And just so I'm clear, when I DO install the UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM, I install on my Sierra SSD and NOT the USB installer thumb drive, correct? That's what I've been doing but I'm paranoid that I've been installing it to the wrong drive this whole time or something....
UniBeast creates the installer USB thumb drive. MultiBeast is run on your installation drive that created with UniBeast. Therefore, you run MultiBeast on the installation drive, typically you copy and unzip MultiBeast on your installation drive, not the UniBeast created USB thumb drive. On MulitBeast's Build screen, middle/right side of the Build window, is the drive MultiBeast will "operate on."

It's really an odd one this, because your hardware should be relatively compatible.

Given that you have enabled NVRAM and made sure the necessary tick-box is clear, and you are on 10.12.5, and you have enabled Nvidia web-drivers in config.plist using the 'new' method, then it would seem that if the graphics drivers are not loading for a Pascal card, they are the wrong version. If you are at the correct release then ... (head-scratching emoji needed!)

Maybe post your config.plist (from the EFI/CLOVER directory of your SSD) here so we can check it out. Also double-check which Nvidia web-driver release you are using.

Keep going, you'll get there!

It's really an odd one this, because your hardware should be relatively compatible.

Given that you have enabled NVRAM and made sure the necessary tick-box is clear, and you are on 10.12.5, and you have enabled Nvidia web-drivers in config.plist using the 'new' method, then it would seem that if the graphics drivers are not loading for a Pascal card, they are the wrong version. If you are at the correct release then ... (head-scratching emoji needed!)

Maybe post your config.plist (from the EFI/CLOVER directory of your SSD) here so we can check it out. Also double-check which Nvidia web-driver release you are using.

Keep going, you'll get there!

My thoughts exactly :)..... Config list attached in my original post.

Is there a way to check if the Emulated NVRAM install actually worked??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back