Contribute
Register

Can't get to the installer 10.10.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes I have, thanks! But I stuck with the build I linked in the original post.

I seemed to have gotten everything up and running even sound works! The only issue right now is my display will suddenly go blank and I have to restart to get my screen back. This issue seems to occur at random times. I have heard the 560ti cards are an issue to deal with. I am currently investigating.

Any ideas?

Yes I have, thanks! But I stuck with the build I linked in the original post.

I seemed to have gotten everything up and running even sound works! The only issue right now is my display will suddenly go blank and I have to restart to get my screen back. This issue seems to occur at random times. I have heard the 560ti cards are an issue to deal with. I am currently investigating.

Any ideas?

Try with web drivers.

I tried them and now I have to put in nv_disable=1 just to get it to boot. I don't know what to do.
The osx drivers were not working either.

After installing web driver, use the flag "nvda_drv=1 -f" for booting

After installing web driver, use the flag "nvda_drv=1 -f" for booting

I tried that and it still wont boot without nv_disable=1. Some times (these are rare) I can boot without any flags. At this point, I have wasted an entire day trying to get this to work and I can't get past booting with the graphics cards. There is no point in doing this build if I cant use those cards.

I uninstalled Yosemite and installed Mavericks, a friend of mine was able to get his build booting with the 500 series cards. The same issue is happening for me. Since the motherboard is under the recommended boards I assume it is the graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back