1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can't get to the installer 10.10.3![Solved]

Hi all!,

So I am trying to install 10.10.3 on my build. I can get to the usb, but when I go through the apple loading screen it will go halfway and blank out with the monitor reporting "no Signal".

Since this is my very first hackintosh attempt, I have no idea what to do.

I am following this install guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-vii-hero-i5-4690k-asus-nvidia-gtx-660-a.html

So I have tried the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the PCIRootUID=1 to no avail.

System:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB BLE2KIT8G3D1869DE1TX0
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX560Ti SLI

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong!

System:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB BLE2KIT8G3D1869DE1TX0
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX560Ti SLI

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

So I am trying to install 10.10.3 on my build. I can get to the usb, but when I go through the apple loading screen it will go halfway and blank out with the monitor reporting "no Signal".

Since this is my very first hackintosh attempt, I have no idea what to do.

I am following this install guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-vii-hero-i5-4690k-asus-nvidia-gtx-660-a.html

So I have tried the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the PCIRootUID=1 to no avail.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong!

Which connection is using for Monitor?? VGA not supported on Yosemite and avoid converters too.

Connect Monitor with DVI-DVI/HDMI-HDMI cable.

Disable VT-D on BIOS (If VT-d Supported)
Disable IG on BIOS.
Set Graphics Card/PCIe as your Primary Display Adapter/Initial Display Port on BIOS.

Then boot with "nv_disable=1 -f -v -x"

Thanks for the heads up on the system information! I left out the bootloader because I have yet to get the operating system installed.

I am connected to my graphics card through DVI/HDMI because I do not have a DVI/DVI.

I have tried the "nv_disable=1 -f -v -x" and it didn't work either.

I am connected to my graphics card through DVI/HDMI because I do not have a DVI/DVI.

I have tried the "nv_disable=1 -f -v -x" and it didn't work either.

Do one thing, remove the graphics card from motherboard and use the integrated/CPU graphics for installation.

I have done just that and now it allows me to install. However, the installer is just stopping and freezing during the installation. I am forced to restart the computer.

I can't find a reason for this at all.

I have done just that and now it allows me to install. However, the installer is just stopping and freezing during the installation.

I can find a reason for this at all.

Is it showing any messages on the screen, like kernel panic??

How many RAMs are populated on the motherboard?

I currently have 16GB of ram installed in the system. There is no err message or anything, it stops right at 8mins and the blue bar is halfway across the screen. I can't move the mouse or anything.

I currently have 16GB of ram installed in the system. There is no err message or anything, it stops right at 8mins and the blue bar is halfway across the screen. I can't move the mouse or anything.

Use only one RAM and try to complete the installation.

I just want to say thank you for the quick replies and your willingness to help me!

I tried to install one last time before taking out the ram and it installed! So now im going through the set up process.

I tried to install one last time before taking out the ram and it installed! So now im going through the set up process.

So it is probably the issue with the RAMs. Later on if you want to reinstall OS X, then use the flag "maxmem=4096" or "-no-zp"

Also use memory testing utilities and ensure that the RAMs are working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back