i5-6400
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there folks,

I have once again tried to create a hackintosh with open core on a prebuilt system from Fujitsu. and I find myself in a spot where I do need some pro help. I apologise in advance if some of the issues or the steps I've taken sound elementary but I'd greatly appreciate any deal of assistance. I did everything according the guide and booting up was relatively problem-free or so I though.
Background: I am using the version of big sur that did NOT require USB mapping. (it was available somewhere in the open core guide)

My system runs on i5-6400 and is basically a barebone system. no graphic cards nothing of that sort. I'm running Catalina at the moment and thought I'd upgrade it to Big Sur. On booting up, everything seemed in order. few lines of codes, and then apple logo flashes up along with the progress bar. once the bar reaches the end, the screen turns grey with a stop sign and a text that asks me to contact apple support.

Could perhaps someone help me sort this out? I'm attaching my plist and some logs and would gladly provide more info.

Thank you all for tremendous work you've been doing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.2 KB · Views: 42
  • opencore-2022-08-30-215033.txt
    256 KB · Views: 32
  • opencore-2022-08-30-215958.txt
    256 KB · Views: 25
  • opencore-2022-08-30-220926.txt
    256 KB · Views: 28
Hi there folks,

I have once again tried to create a hackintosh with open core on a prebuilt system from Fujitsu. and I find myself in a spot where I do need some pro help. I apologise in advance if some of the issues or the steps I've taken sound elementary but I'd greatly appreciate any deal of assistance. I did everything according the guide and booting up was relatively problem-free or so I though.
Background: I am using the version of big sur that did NOT require USB mapping. (it was available somewhere in the open core guide)

My system runs on i5-6400 and is basically a barebone system. no graphic cards nothing of that sort. I'm running Catalina at the moment and thought I'd upgrade it to Big Sur. On booting up, everything seemed in order. few lines of codes, and then apple logo flashes up along with the progress bar. once the bar reaches the end, the screen turns grey with a stop sign and a text that asks me to contact apple support.

Could perhaps someone help me sort this out? I'm attaching my plist and some logs and would gladly provide more info.

Thank you all for tremendous work you've been doing.

For Big Sur try these two modifications:

1) Change your config.plist Misc/Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled".

2) Disable the XhciPortLimit quirk.

See if that gets you any further.

:)

For Big Sur try these two modifications:

1) Change your config.plist Misc/Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled".

2) Disable the XhciPortLimit quirk.

See if that gets you any further.

:)
Thanks a lot for your response. I did change the xhciportlimit to false but I can't seem to find anything under misc/security/ for boot model. I think I'm using the latest version of open core. is there any Big Sur specific version I should be using instead?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 11.09.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 11.09.21.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 28
Thanks a lot for your response. I did change the xhciportlimit to false but I can't seem to find anything under misc/security/ for boot model. I think I'm using the latest version of open core. is there any Big Sur specific version I should be using instead?
should be above vault and under scanpolicy:

Code:
<key>ScanPolicy</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>SecureBootModel</key>
            <string>Disabled</string>
            <key>Vault</key>
            <string>Optional</string>

should be above vault and under scanpolicy:

Code:
<key>ScanPolicy</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>SecureBootModel</key>
            <string>Disabled</string>
            <key>Vault</key>
            <string>Optional</string>

Morning! :thumbup:

Hi there guys. super sorry I caught get back sooner, been working overtime at work. I tried what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I also changed the OS from Big Sur to Monterey because I assumed the Big Sur version wasn't the supported os version from apple and hence created a bootable Monterey drive instead. I'm attaching my config.plist and the open core log. could you perhaps see what I'm doing wrong? I'm also attaching the picture of the error I encounter.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-09-13-121748.txt
    256 KB · Views: 54
  • config.plist
    20.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0057.png
    IMG_0057.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0056.png
    IMG_0056.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Hi there guys. super sorry I caught get back sooner, been working overtime at work. I tried what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I also changed the OS from Big Sur to Monterey because I assumed the Big Sur version wasn't the supported os version from apple and hence created a bootable Monterey drive instead. I'm attaching my config.plist and the open core log. could you perhaps see what I'm doing wrong? I'm also attaching the picture of the error I encounter.
probably a USB issue

try using a USB2.0 device, try all ports at the back of the motherboard

best to start off with Catalina first then do this correctly:

then upgrade after

I just tried putting the config.plist through sanity checker and I'm getting issues that shouldn't be there. could I perhaps ask you to check that out as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back