Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z270 Gaming M7
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Hi, i've tried pretty much everything, including this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/. I can't seem to get iMessage to work, i keep getting the activation error, icloud is working fine and so is the app store, do you guys have any ideas on what else can I try ?
Thanks, Jacob

System Specs -
- MSI z270 Gaming M7
- i5 6600
- MSI GTX 970
- 16GB Ram
- Sierra 10.12.6

Hi, i've tried pretty much everything, including this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/. I can't seem to get iMessage to work, i keep getting the activation error, icloud is working fine and so is the app store, do you guys have any ideas on what else can I try ?
Thanks, Jacob

System Specs -
- MSI z270 Gaming M7
- i5 6600
- MSI GTX 970
- 16GB Ram
- Sierra 10.12.6

Hi there.

Couple of things. This is in the wrong section on the forums so that might explain why you haven't had any replies yet (I was just browsing etc). The link you posted above is the best place.:thumbup:

What type of wireless and Bluetooth adapters are you using? You are best trying an "official" Apple wireless chip such as a Broadcom or Atheros one. Others may work with bespoke kexts but not as reliably.

Basically an activation error is usually caused by missing or wrong info in the SMBIOS. You need a correct Board ID, SmUUID, Board Serial Number, Serial Number and Bios Version. You should tick the "Trust" box if using Clover Configurator.

If you keep trying to activate - and with potentially changing serial numbers - you risk having your Apple ID locked. This is easy enough to get unlocked but is not recommended for a stress-free experience!

Give us a bit more info about what you tried and what the result was etc.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back