Contribute
Register

Can't complete High Sierra installation - Asus Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always do that, it must not worked correctly this time. I will redo it tomorrow when I have a chance.

I always do that, it must not worked correctly this time. I will redo it tomorrow when I have a chance.

What do you mean by "that"?

What do you mean by "that"?
I always press F2 and F4 in Clover to collect the problem reporting information, as stated in the FAQ. I did that last time so I do not know why the information was incomplete in my CLOVER/EFI folder. I have just done it again so the folder attached to this post should have complete problem reporting files. If not, please let me know how to find out what is missing.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
I always press F2 and F4 in Clover to collect the problem reporting information, as stated in the FAQ. I did that last time so I do not know why the information was incomplete in my CLOVER/EFI folder. I have just done it again so the folder attached to this post should have complete problem reporting files. If not, please let me know how to find out what is missing.

Assuming that you cannot boot as you only attached EFI/Clover.
Verbose boot photo is missing.
Your config.plist requires the absolute latest 10.13.6 (or Mojave). Please check.

The was a replacement file for the one I posted on Nov. 4, which you said was incorrect, which was a follow up to the post I made on Nov. 3. Please see below.

I was able to install High Sierra onto my USB 3.0 drive. I am able to boot to desktop from it, and use a few apps very slowly. I used Carbon Copy Cloner to start cloning the USB to the SSD, but the system froze after about 40 minutes at about 70% progress. Each time I've booted it back up, it seems to freeze randomly. I have tried completing the transfer with CCC but it cannot run for more than about 5 minutes before freezing. I'm not sure if this is because my USB is 3.0 or if it's something with my Clover configuration.

I had cloned the installation from the 3.0 drive to one of my 2.0 drives, but it can never successfully boot. I get the "exceeded mem limit" errors shown in the screenshot below that do not occur when booting from the 3.0 drive. I'm not sure if it's just because the 2.0 drives I got are amazingly slow and terrible.
7nt87LN.jpg

When I try to boot from the SSD it gives me the error in the screenshot below.
7nt87LN.jpg
"Add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI. It might help."
Added that, same result as before. System freezes after just a few minutes of running CCC.

The was a replacement file for the one I posted on Nov. 4, which you said was incorrect, which was a follow up to the post I made on Nov. 3. Please see below.

"Add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI. It might help."

If you have the system installed, you must provide full PR files.
Please read the FAQ carefully.
Use gen_debug.sh as requested.

If you have the system installed, you must provide full PR files.
Please read the FAQ carefully.
Use gen_debug.sh as requested.
Can you be ANY more specific than that?

I've read the FAQ backwards and forwards multiple times. It says to press F2 and F4 to run gen_debug.sh which collects the Problem Reporting files. I have done that for EVERY file I've uploaded here. I'm not being lazy or willfully ingnorant, I truly don't understand what I am missing. I need a little more guidance than just "read the FAQ."

Can you be ANY more specific than that?

I've read the FAQ backwards and forwards multiple times. It says to press F2 and F4 to run gen_debug.sh which collects the Problem Reporting files. I have done that for EVERY file I've uploaded here. I'm not being lazy or willfully ingnorant, I truly don't understand what I am missing. I need a little more guidance than just "read the FAQ."

F2 and F4 DO NOT run gen_debug.sh.
As documented in the FAQ, F2 and F4 dump misc/preboot.log and ACPI/patched.

gen_debug.sh is something you run after booting to collect all the files in a nice little zip.

I find the Problem Reporting section of the FAQ confusingly worded, but I will save that for later.

I was going to try running gen_debug.sh, but my High Sierra USB got corrupted somehow. I remade it from a backup, but now I am getting a kernel panic when I try to boot. Please see attached files. I don't think I had changed anything in my CLOVER folder since my last attempt, so I don't know what is different now.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • screenshot 18-11-18.jpg
    screenshot 18-11-18.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 51
I find the Problem Reporting section of the FAQ confusingly worded, but I will save that for later.

I was going to try running gen_debug.sh, but my High Sierra USB got corrupted somehow. I remade it from a backup, but now I am getting a kernel panic when I try to boot. Please see attached files. I don't think I had changed anything in my CLOVER folder since my last attempt, so I don't know what is different now.

Your KP is NVMe related.
Did you install patched NVMe kexts?
If so, remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back