Hello,

System specs:
Asus ROG Strix Scar GL703GM (Clover)
i7-8750H/HM370
NVIDIA GTX 1060/1920x1080
16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz SO-DIMM Memory
256GB Certified M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
1TB SSHD Seagate FireCuda Gaming Hybrid Drive

I am trying to install High Sierra to the SSD. Everything goes well up until the initial installation. The installer will get "About 2 minutes remaining" and then the computer will suddenly reset. I checked "Don't reboot on panic" in the Clover options but it reboots anyway. When I get back to Clover, the HFS drive is there and it will proceed to continue the installation, but will hang right at the start of the installation screen with "About 18 minutes remaining".

I have attached a screenshot of the Verbose Mode text right before it reboots. I can also provide the Verbose Mode text from trying to continue the installation if needed.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20181007_100134-1.jpeg
    20181007_100134-1.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20181007_100134.jpeg
    20181007_100134.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 118
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Woops, thought I was in the Laptop forum, sorry.

Hello,

System specs:
Asus ROG Strix Scar GL703GM (Clover)
i7-8750H/HM370
NVIDIA GTX 1060/1920x1080
16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz SO-DIMM Memory
256GB Certified M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
1TB SSHD Seagate FireCuda Gaming Hybrid Drive

I am trying to install High Sierra to the SSD. Everything goes well up until the initial installation. The installer will get "About 2 minutes remaining" and then the computer will suddenly reset. I checked "Don't reboot on panic" in the Clover options but it reboots anyway. When I get back to Clover, the HFS drive is there and it will proceed to continue the installation, but will hang right at the start of the installation screen with "About 18 minutes remaining".

I have attached a screenshot of the Verbose Mode text right before it reboots. I can also provide the Verbose Mode text from trying to continue the installation if needed.

Thanks,

Reboots during installation are normal.

Reboots during installation are normal.
It does not continue when I try to resume the installation though. I waited for over half an hour and it never got past "About 18 mintues remaining."

Does the verbose printout I posted look normal?

Here is the album of screenshots of the entire process in verbose mode:
https://imgur.com/a/eaC78fh
Once it gets to the loading screen in the last picture it never progresses. I left it running for over an hour and it didn't budge.

I tried the F2, F4 thing in Clover but I can't seem to find what it is supposed to create when I look in the drive contents.

Here is the album of screenshots of the entire process in verbose mode:
https://imgur.com/a/eaC78fh
Once it gets to the loading screen in the last picture it never progresses. I left it running for over an hour and it didn't budge.

I tried the F2, F4 thing in Clover but I can't seem to find what it is supposed to create when I look in the drive contents.

You forgot to attach EFI/Clover. Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.

You forgot to attach EFI/Clover. Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.
That is what I was referring to when I said that I coudn't figure out what the F2, F4 commands were supposed to do and couldn't find what I was supposed to attach. I did read the FAQ as carefully as I could, but I'm afraid I still don't understand what I'm supposed to attach.

That is what I was referring to when I said that I coudn't figure out what the F2, F4 commands were supposed to do and couldn't find what I was supposed to attach. I did read the FAQ as carefully as I could, but I'm afraid I still don't understand what I'm supposed to attach.

What are you not understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back