Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Well these are the steps I followed:
1. Installed OSX on my main SSD
2. Disconnected main SSD and plugged in a secondary one.
3. Installed windows 10 on the second SSD.
4. Plugged OSX SSD back, along with Windows SSD.
5. Placed OSX SSD (Clover) as the priority drive in UEFI settings.

Now what happens is that when clover starts I can start OSX normally and I can see several windows options like:
-Boot windows from EFI
-Boot windows from legacy HD2

When I pick one of these windows options, all I see is a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

However, when I choose the windows drive from UEFI boot options it boots windows normally.
By doing this, will my OSX drive or Clover get damaged by any means. Is it safe to do this or I should configure Clover to boot windows?

Well these are the steps I followed:
1. Installed OSX on my main SSD
2. Disconnected main SSD and plugged in a secondary one.
3. Installed windows 10 on the second SSD.
4. Plugged OSX SSD back, along with Windows SSD.
5. Placed OSX SSD (Clover) as the priority drive in UEFI settings.

Now what happens is that when clover starts I can start OSX normally and I can see several windows options like:
-Boot windows from EFI
-Boot windows from legacy HD2

When I pick one of these windows options, all I see is a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

However, when I choose the windows drive from UEFI boot options it boots windows normally.
By doing this, will my OSX drive or Clover get damaged by any means. Is it safe to do this or I should configure Clover to boot windows?
If you installed Windows UEFI mode you should see at least 2 and possible 4 Windows icons at the Clove screen. 2 of them will be labeled Legacy, one will be Boot from EFI, one will be Boot Microsoft boot manager from EFI. The last one is the one you select to boot Windows. See the sticky guide for MultiBooting on separate drives in the MultiBooting forum.

If you installed Windows UEFI mode you should see at least 2 and possible 4 Windows icons at the Clove screen. 2 of them will be labeled Legacy, one will be Boot from EFI, one will be Boot Microsoft boot manager from EFI. The last one is the one you select to boot Windows. See the sticky guide for MultiBooting on separate drives in the MultiBooting forum.

Well thanks! For some reason the first time did not work... weird.

For people dealing with this, a good idea is to go to clover configuator > gui and uncheck "legacy" and "kernel".
Then on the clover boot menu basically you will only have two options: OSX or Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back