Contribute
Register

Can't boot after multibeast (Mountain Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T420
CPU
Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I guess you could say I'm a new hackintosh-er. I hope this is the right part of the forum for my question, if not, move it please :)

Here I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420, a laptop, and recently got mountain lion working on it, for the most part anyways. Most things were working aside from a few things that I thought would be easier to install using somebody's DSDT (he was also using a T420).

So I fired up Multibeast 5 and tried the user DSDT install. I guess I forgot to check off the option for FakeSMC because every time I try to boot I get this error

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver
AppleIntelE1000e: Ethernet address 00:21:cc:6f:34:79

and if I wait long enough I get

Resetting IOCatalogue

but I usually shut down before that point because obviously something is wrong if I'm waiting 10+ minutes for IOcatalogue message.

I tried to download a fakeSMC kext from here : http://www.osx86.net/view/3004-fakesmc_r615_10.6_or_10.7-10.8.html

Put it into a USB key and (after much googling) mounted it in Single User Mode in efforts to try and install the kext.
I extracted and browsed through the subdirectories of that .zip I got from osx86.net, and found one under the 64-bit folder called ._FakeSMC.kext which I would think would be the correct folder.
Copied it to S/L/E and tried to boot. Same problem. Then I thought maybe it was the ._ before the FakeSMC part so I renamed ._FakeSMC.kext to FakeSMC.kext, and it still says that it failed to locate the SMC driver.

Any ideas on what to do? I think I'm pretty stumped by now. I've tried a bunch of boot flags (I think that's what they're called?) -x, -f, -s, -v, and to no avail.

And try to keep things a little simple for a beginning hackintosh-er :)

Thank you,

Dillon

I hate bumping topics, but here's a bump.
It's kind of an annoying problem, if anybody would be so kind as to point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dillon

I hate bumping topics, but here's a bump.
It's kind of an annoying problem, if anybody would be so kind as to point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dillon

Since this is a laptop, you're probably best off posting in the ML laptop forum...

Since this is a laptop, you're probably best off posting in the ML laptop forum...

Thank you, although I would think my problem is a general one, moving kexts from place to place and general understanding of terminal/single user mode.

I'll give the laptop forum a shot.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back