Contribute
Register

Cannot Erase Drive After Unibeast Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the third reboot, always choosing the Clover installer I am now back at the macOS utilities screen.
  • Press Hot key to find the screen to select Boot device and in that screen Select USB installer and then press ENTER/Return key
  • The next screen is Clover Boot Manager (CBM) it will initially display your USB Installer Disk icon and the icon of the partially installed System Disk; the Recovery Disk icon is yet to appear.

• In CBM, you switch to the System Disk , Do NOT Boot the Installer USB
  • You repeat this cycle until Recovery Disk icon appears as a 3rd icon in the CBM screen
  • Again you switch from Installer USB to System Disk and NOT the Recovery Disk
  • In this Boot you should see the options to Select Language, Keyboard, Create Apple Account, Create a System Specific Login Name and Password, then you get a screen to create iCloud Account and then Create Desktop, New Keyboard and set your Time/Date correctly using your LOGIN ID
  • Then you set up Security and Privacy to Enable Download from "Anywhere".
  • Now you use Finder >Preferences and Enable [√] Hard disk [√]External Disks to see your HDD and USB installer disks icons displayed on the Right side of Desktop for easy access.
  • Now you can Install Clover EFI Bootloader and needed kexts and other bells and whistles on your System Disk using Multibeast or Stand alone Clover EFI Bootloader .
  • After the CLOVER is installed on the hard disk, for one LAST TIME you still use your USB installer disk to enter CBM and Switch to High Sierra System disk to continue the boot to Login Screen
  • Login with your User Name and Password
  • Once on the Desktop , you can RIGHT-click and EJECT USB installer disk as you no longer needs it to boot. The System disk should have everything to boot on its own
  • Reboot and select your SYSTEm disk from Boot Selection Screen to enter CBM and then Boot the same System Disk to reach its desktop
  • Now on you may not need to use the Hotkey to get to Boot Disk Selection Screen provided your BIOS has shown your System disk as First Boot device and all other devices are DISABLED from that list.

Booting from the USB every time I the have two options: External and HFS. I choose HFS from the Clover USB screen. I finish the installation and copy Multibeast from the Unibeast USB drive to the desktop and run it. I choose UEFI boot and network driver. I then click Build and then Save. I choose the drive labelled High Sierra and Multibeast copies a bunch of files to the hard drive. I then reboot the system and remove the USB installer and I get, "Reboot and select proper boot device".

There is a Mac OSX entry on the boot menu but it does nothing.

Booting from the USB every time I the have two options: External and HFS. I choose HFS from the Clover USB screen. I finish the installation and copy Multibeast from the Unibeast USB drive to the desktop and run it. I choose UEFI boot and network driver. I then click Build and then Save. I choose the drive labelled High Sierra and Multibeast copies a bunch of files to the hard drive. I then reboot the system and remove the USB installer and I get, "Reboot and select proper boot device".

There is a Mac OSX entry on the boot menu but it does nothing.
That means you did not try the steps:
  • After the CLOVER is installed on the hard disk, for one LAST TIME you still use your USB installer disk to enter CBM and Switch to High Sierra System disk to continue the boot to Login Screen
  • Login with your User Name and Password
  • Once on the Desktop , you can RIGHT-click and EJECT USB installer disk as you no longer needs it to boot. The System disk should have everything to boot on its own
  • Reboot and select your SYSTEm disk from Boot Selection Screen to enter CBM and then Boot the same System Disk to reach its desktop
  • Now on you may not need to use the Hotkey to get to Boot Disk Selection Screen provided your BIOS has shown your System disk as First Boot device and all other devices are DISABLED from that list.

Tried that. I see a lot of threads with people having trouble with this motherboard. I'm going back to Debian. It was a fun experiment. I need a working computer now. Maybe I'll save up and get a motherboard from the list of parts on the site and try again one day. 19 hours is long enough.

Tried that. I see a lot of threads with people having trouble with this motherboard. I'm going back to Debian. It was a fun experiment. I need a working computer now. Maybe I'll save up and get a motherboard from the list of parts on the site and try again one day. 19 hours is long enough.
  • Intel 7Series except X79 are normally easy to work with from Gigabytes but AsRock, Intel ,Asus are not that 'friendly' with hackintoshing in general.
  • Unlike Linux, Hackintosh requires a lot more effort and is not for everyone. I gravitated slowly from Windows to Linux and finally to Hackintosh by reading a lot of literature from folks like RehabMan and Toleda in this Forum and others from other Forums.
  • Folks with a sound Linux background can easily make the switch.

Thanks everyone. I was up most of the night trying to get it to work. I'm just burned out on it for now.

I switched to an iMac at work since we have a bunch of customers that use them and discovered I really like it. I'll keep my Unibeast thumbdrive and give it another shot with a better board.

Have a great rest of the weekend if you still have one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back