Contribute
Register

Cannot Change the Serial Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I go about finding the version?
Why would you want to find the version ?

Are you using AptioMemoryFix.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

That’s what I meant, sorry. :crazy:
Losing my mind here.

If I had to guess, it would be just OsxAptioFixDrv.efi.

Probably doesn't help but I use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

You can use Clover's installer to set up NVRAM too. You definitely need it for iMessage.

:)

Did you find a solution? After restoring from a time machine backup I have HACK in my serial number and have followed everything in the guide twice and still have the bad serial, had a fully working system including iMessages before after using the guide, can't figure out what i'm doing wrong?

Did you find a solution? After restoring from a time machine backup I have HACK in my serial number and have followed everything in the guide twice and still have the bad serial, had a fully working system including iMessages before after using the guide, can't figure out what i'm doing wrong?

Mount and check your EFI partition. Open the EFI/CLOVER folder and the config.plist there and scroll down to the serial-number.

A number with "HACK" inside it is usually a temporary one generated when a proper one is not present. If the correct serial-number *is* present in your config.plist then something is stopping the boot process from seeing it. Maybe something Time Machine did when it restored the system. Right-click or Option-click on the EFI entry in your Finder sidebar and then select Get Info. Does it show as "Format: MS-DOS (FAT32)" ? It should do.

Did you keep a back-up of your EFI folder or config.plist files?

Report back etc.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back