Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I can’t change the serial number on my Hackintosh for unknown reasons, and it prevents me from signing into Messages and the such. Clover has not been of any help, and I have confirmed that I am modifying the correct config.plist file. The serial number that was created from the boot drive (using Unibeast) clearly has the word “HACK” in it; does anyone know how to fix this??

All the best,
Kayden :)

Hi,

I can’t change the serial number on my Hackintosh for unknown reasons, and it prevents me from signing into Messages and the such. Clover has not been of any help, and I have confirmed that I am modifying the correct config.plist file. The serial number that was created from the boot drive (using Unibeast) clearly has the word “HACK” in it; does anyone know how to fix this??

All the best,
Kayden :)

Strange!

Yes, the serial number in the UniBeast config can be changed by using software like Clover Configurator or you can do so manually using a text editor. The only reason this would not "stick" is if the file (your config.plist) was read-only etc.

Do any of your other settings "stick" ?

Does your PC boot from it's hard-drive/SSD ? Or only the UniBeast memory-stick?

We would need to know more about your installation, I think, because there's no other reason you couldn't change it etc.

:)

As far as I can tell, the settings "stick" (I can save the config file and reboot, and it will still be written in the file but not written to the OS).

For the boot, though, it loops after I select the SSD from my boot list if I don't have the UniBeast stick plugged in. I don't really know why.

For the boot, though, it loops after I select the SSD from my boot list if I don't have the UniBeast stick plugged in. I don't really know why.
Start with the computer powered off.
Insert your USB installer.
Power on the computer and press your boot menu key - Usually F12 but YMMV.
At the boot menu screen select your USB flash drive as the boot device and boot.
At the Clover menu screen select your hard drive and boot.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Hahahaha. :lol:

I did everything in there but after I rebooted, it was the same serial number (had the word “HACK” smack dab in the middle.)

Hmmm...

Going back to the boot-loop without UniBeast. That sounds like you might have formatted your EFI partition in the wrong way, or something similar, making the system unable to boot from the SSD. Using UniBeast to boot every time will indeed cause Clover to put 'HACK' in the middle of a serial-number because UniBeast's config.plist doesn't have one.

You may be able to mount EFI and load the config.plist in there, but if the system won't boot from it, it will never get read etc.

Double-check Tonymacx86's installation guide :thumbup:

:)

Last edited:
I was able to change the serial number and fix the boot loop but iMessage still refuses to work...

All it says when I try to sign in is "An error occurred during authentication."
o_O

How would I go about fixing that?

All it says when I try to sign in is "An error occurred during authentication."
That is usually because your motherboard does not support native NVRAM.
Which OsxAptioFixDrv are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back