Graphics
AMD HD7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'am currently in the phases of building a hackintosh. However I am uncertain of the graphics cards choice and in the mean time i have some old nvidia graphics card. (but thats not important, but the graphics card is compatible with hackintosh)

can i install yosemite with my current gpu and sometime in the future "hot swap" or change the graphics card with no issues?

thanks

I'am currently in the phases of building a hackintosh. However I am uncertain of the graphics cards choice and in the mean time i have some old nvidia graphics card. (but thats not important, but the graphics card is compatible with hackintosh)

can i install yosemite with my current gpu and sometime in the future "hot swap" or change the graphics card with no issues?

thanks

The term "hot Swap" refers to removing and replacing a component with the system booted and running, without the need to power down.

There is no way that you can Hot Swap a PCI graphics card.

Okay, sorry for my misunderstanding but what i mean is can i change my graphics card without changing any settings?

Okay, sorry for my misunderstanding but what i mean is can i change my graphics card without changing any settings?

That would depend on the graphics cards concerned.

thanks

It all hinges on what Apple supports and which boot loader that you use to install OS X with. It is actually very quick and easy to do in most cases. Stick with cards that have native OS X support - its a much simpler process.

okay thank you both,

I will stick to support graphics cards so i don't want to do anything fancy.
I have browsed the build guides graphics card and the cards I am looking at are on there its just i want to wait for a good time to get them.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back