Contribute
Register

Can I just upgrade from ElCap to Sierra 10.12.4 with Samsung Pro 950 NVMe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Z370
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all, my system is running good, except for a couple of hang on Chrome like once a week, my other system with a SATA SSD 850 pro doesn't have this issues, the difference is that it's running Sierra 10.12.4 while my other system has El Capitan 10.11.6

When i initially installed my Samsung 950 Pro NVMe last year it was a process to get it to run. I did try to upgrade to Sierra when it came out and had issues, basically it will not see the drive and there were no patches to get it working.

Can someone guide me on how to upgrade to sierra? like I said I am using my 950 pro NVMe as my main drive, ands it runs great.

The question is what Kext do I use, where do they go and is there a patch to follow?

my config:
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5
Ram: 32GB 3200MHZ DDR4
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 960 4GB

Thanx

Hi all, my system is running good, except for a couple of hang on Chrome like once a week, my other system with a SATA SSD 850 pro doesn't have this issues, the difference is that it's running Sierra 10.12.4 while my other system has El Capitan 10.11.6

When i initially installed my Samsung 950 Pro NVMe last year it was a process to get it to run. I did try to upgrade to Sierra when it came out and had issues, basically it will not see the drive and there were no patches to get it working.

Can someone guide me on how to upgrade to sierra? like I said I am using my 950 pro NVMe as my main drive, ands it runs great.

The question is what Kext do I use, where do they go and is there a patch to follow?

my config:
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5
Ram: 32GB 3200MHZ DDR4
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 960 4GB

Thanx

Implement the NVMe class-code spoof before upgrading.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back