Contribute
Register

Buying a Dedicated GPU for your Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma Hackintosh

what about case air flow?
You changed thermal paste on the card and adding fans help the card!
I guess the flow of air of your case is not great at all

I have a fractal Design R5 with two front fans. Card still runs hot though even with the fan on top. It's cooking itself.

355317604_629942409065325_5254748160187237204_n.jpg

I have a fractal Design R5 with two front fans. Card still runs hot though even with the fan on top. It's cooking itself.

View attachment 568083
More fans aren't really better airflow. It would be completely ruined if the direction is wrong. And what about the exact temperature? My RX 580 usually runs at about 76ºC when gaming.

More fans aren't really better airflow. It would be completely ruined if the direction is wrong. And what about the exact temperature? My RX 580 usually runs at about 76ºC when gaming.

At 76c my card artifacts by flashing monitors and green line in the bottom, if it's around 60c or lower it is fine. Card feels really hot when you touch the top.

Intrestly when the card has no drivers running I.e in the BIOS or Windows with no Drivers it runs really cool. Gets really hot when drivers are running.

At 76c my card artifacts by flashing monitors and green line in the bottom, if it's around 60c or lower it is fine. Card feels really hot when you touch the top.

Intrestly when the card has no drivers running I.e in the BIOS or Windows with no Drivers it runs really cool. Gets really hot when drivers are running.
Your graphics card is faulty but its temperature is not the issue. Of course the top is hot, and it should be really hot which means the heat dissipation works.

Have you checked whether it was flashed with a mining Vbios ? If it was, flash it to the original MSI Vbios and see if anything changes.

Hi

Possibly an ex-mining card then.

I bought one, a Sapphire RX570 single-fan ITX model from Ebay. I had to reflash the VBIOS with a standard one. As it arrived the fan was at 100% and performance very odd.

Re-flashed and all was back to normal including 0db fan when at idle (basically off).

Try before you spend:

Hi

Possibly an ex-mining card then.

I bought one, a Sapphire RX570 single-fan ITX model from Ebay. I had to reflash the VBIOS with a standard one. As it arrived the fan was at 100% and performance very odd.

Re-flashed and all was back to normal including 0db fan when at idle (basically off).

Try before you spend:

I don't know if is faulty, I'm running 3 Monitors plus a 48inch TV and its working fine, Temperature is now 45c removed fan I placed on top of the card, re-seated the Graphics card and its working fine now, I have a replacement on its way anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 18.02.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 18.02.34.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 38
I don't know if is faulty, I'm running 3 Monitors plus a 48inch TV and its working fine, Temperature is now 45c removed fan I placed on top of the card, re-seated the Graphics card and its working fine now, I have a replacement on its way anyway.

So all that not done previously and we've wasted our time thinking you actually had a problem?

:(

So all that not done previously and we've wasted our time thinking you actually had a problem?

:(

There is a problem, but not sure where the problem is. Supporting the Card help by holding it up in the slot but letting it go i.e sag causes those problems. Not sure if its sagging thats causing the problem or if its a soldier joint somewhere.

Probably too many monitors. The card has a lot to do. Try disconnecting 3 of them and see if it overheats. For me, on a 4K monitor, the card is also warmer than on FHD.
However, I have silent BIOS and 2 fans set instead of the original cooling.

Back