Graphics
6750m
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone. In 2011 I wanted to build a hackintosh. But there were some troubles around hardware compatibility, so I chose to buy iMac 21,5 2011. Now I see that hackintosh community is growing up, there are a lot of hackintosh owners and for me it's time to upgrade. Today I am doing a lot of video editing stuff. My main programs are Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Adobe After Effects CS6. Also, I do a lot of 3d work in Cinema 4d and I am planning to switch to more advanced software. Sometimes, I am also editing sound in Logic Pro X. I also have bootcamp installed for some gaming when I have free time. So the main thing is my computer is my creativity laboratory and my muse. I really want to have Mac OS X as the main operating system, because switching from Mac OS X to Windows sounds like suicide for my comfort. I am now thinking about buying Apple Cinema Display Thunderbolt, new Apple Magic Mouse and keyboard (I already have one from iMac but I want all stuff to be new) and Hackintosh.

So there are many troubles as I can see on forum. First of all I am not sure will Thunderbolt Cinema Display fully work attached to Hackintosh? Will sound and Isight Camera work? I am planning to buy MotherBoard with Thunderbolt.
Secondly, what is the best motherboard to install hackintosh without troubles? I don't want to tweak around a lot with kexts and other stuff. I saw UniBeast installer is pretty awesome and don't require a lot of work to run Hackintosh.

There is GA-Z87X-UD7-TH motherboard recommended in June Hackintosh Topic. But I am getting really expensive configuration with that one. I found these 2 MBs with ThunderBolt half-priced:
ASRock Z87 Extreme4

ASUS Z87-EXPERT

When I started researching about hackintosh, I found some topics with installation troubles with these 2 MBs. I am ready to pay more, but to be sure that everything will work fine. Also I am choosing between 2 video cards GTX760 and GTX770. It depends on how expensive my final configuration will be.

CPU - intel core i7 4770

To sum up I have 4 main questions:
1) What MotherBoard to choose for Thunderbolt Apple Cinema Display?
2) Will Apple Thunderbolt Display fully work? I mean display + sound + iSight camera.
3) Does Apple Cinema Display worth buying? If not - please, recommend me some other monitor.
4) Does building system like that (for my needs) worth it at all, or should I just buy iMac 27 for the same price, but with lower specs?

I am doing research and I found out this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjbU2hoeQZo
So basically, Bob from the video tells that you can't run Apple Thunderbolt Display on gtx760. And you can only run it on integrated card. Does it means that computer won't use any power of dedicated card? Is then dedicated card pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back