CPU
Intel i5 520M 2,4 GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 320M 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I noticed that in the upgraded gtx 670 the asus brand is gone. I was going to buy the Asus gtx 670 TOP version. Does this mean that the gtx 670 top version of asus is no longer supported by OSX?

Motherboard
P35 LGA755
CPU
C2Quad
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Other
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Tahnk you and two Questions:
1.)
Will a Quadcore Intel Xeon E3-1230V2 run with the Software? I know it has no Graphic and no Overlocking.

2.)
Can you say something general to Compatibility of Nvidia GTX 5xx Series Graphic Cards. Or did you just list the GTX 6xx Series only because they are the most recent option?

I have a GTX 560Ti which I want still use with this Z77...UP5 TH Mainboard.

Thank you!

Motherboard
Dell
CPU
Xeon
Graphics
Built in
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just finished my first Hackintosh with the i5 CustoMac Mini Deluxe spec - Its fantastic, thank you!! Is there a buyers guide for a Hackintosh Laptop? Can't seem to see an equally thorough (and confidence building) equivalent for a MBPro Hackintosh. Thanks for any help - sorry of its there and I didn't see it...

Obvious Answer Man

Super Moderator

Just finished my first Hackintosh with the i5 CustoMac Mini Deluxe spec - Its fantastic, thank you!! Is there a buyers guide for a Hackintosh Laptop? Can't seem to see an equally thorough (and confidence building) equivalent for a MBPro Hackintosh. Thanks for any help - sorry of its there and I didn't see it...
There is no true equivalent to a MacBook Pro. You may find a laptop that works, but it won't be 100% compatible and entails a lot of work to get most of it working. So unless you have lot's of time and technical skill you are better off buying a refurbished MacBook Pro.

Motherboard
Asus P8H61-M LX3 Plus R2.0
CPU
i3 3220
Graphics
Radeon HD 5570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Hopefully, you will also have a guide for a 12-core (dual CPU) motherboard sooner as a counterpart of Apple's so-called "the fastest Mac ever." Just for the bleeding edge guys :headbang:

Motherboard
MSI Z170A SLI Plus
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
gtx 980
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

It is not recommended to Hackintosh a laptop, even though it is completely possible, as I've done it before. The parts are too difficult to get up and running and there is very little support for them. I remember doing mine on 10.6.2 with an Acer laptop, and it took me nearly two weeks to get it fully functional, only to have it break a few days in. :crazy: Again, doing it on a laptop is not recommended.

With these buyers guides, the ability to build a very nice, fully featured Hackintosh is becoming very easy. Even for the first time builders wanting to engage in this process. Thanks again guys, you're doing great! :thumbup:

Motherboard
asus
CPU
Graphics
intel
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Why not put the /extra folder needed to make each of these custo-macs fully operational with sleep/wake/video/audio/ethernet/wifi . or a driver pack, on this post??? also have to use that cloud boot loader i hear for ML to work.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370-HD3
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you buy the right laptop, such as an HP Probook 4530s (depending on the model) you can get everything working natively, wifi, bluetooth, graphics, etc. Fewer laptops are hackintosh compatible then desktop parts, but that may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.