Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

LG BluRay Optical Drive newegg link goes to the dvd drive listed above it

Fixed- thanks! :thumbup:

Hey tony, the link for the first GTX 670 for Newegg is broken...it isn't a link. Just a heads up:D

Great Guide, has anyone suggestions for an identical (from the chipset point of view) bluetooth adapter that is available in europe (germany) ? i cannot find any retailer that sells the IOGEAR GBU521. Thank you everyone.

Great guide, good work. I have one question: When buying a CustoMac, can i add a sound card?
Because i've bought a motherboard that doesn't have compatible sound in it.
Thanks in advance.
You can always use those USB-sound-cards, they're Plug and Play and the majority of them will work on a Mac with no problem but I'll tell you, I've tested a few and I can say that the quality really sucks, one thing I tested and really liked are those Plug and Play USB speakers ( [AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Notebook-SoundBar-SPA5210-Portable/dp/B002KQ561A[/AMAZON-uk] ) the sound quality is amazing but on the bad side they don't have headphones jack which means you won't be able to use a headphone. If you have some extra bucks to spend just buy both :thumbup:

Hi,

If i use the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH with Intel i7-3770 do i still have to buy a Graphics card for a successfull mountain lion hackintosh installation?

I am not a gamer so i don't need a graphics card. Will i be able to just use the onboard HD4000 graphics with my configuration?

hello,
I do not speak English, I help with google.
I have a hacintosh, maybe it's time to upgrade or replace ... I state I am beginning to get interested in graphics, but also hardware and I would try to build me a new computer for me.
The characteristics of my current spot are:
Gigabyte 965P-DQ6
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 GHz overclock can reach 3.86 GHz
Corsair DDR 2 Ram XM2-6400 (4 banks of 2 GB)
Video Card GeForce 8600GT

Would use to build the components of the model "CustoMac Pro Socket 2011"

but I have doubts about the CPU.
On the site "http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html"
displays the processors according to their performance, my current is
Intel Core2 Quad [email protected] 4,317 $ 487.00

Using mainly graphics programs Illustrator, InDesign, Photosho and the 4 core I think they can last me, so it could be:

Intel Xeon [email protected] 4,253 $ 299.99
Intel Core [email protected] 9,153 $ 288.49

the maximum speed of the Xeon is lower than my current i7 seems better, but why have a lower cost?
the performance difference do you think are visible?

As an option for the motherboard I have only GA-X79-UD5, a user-level facilemte can go to overclock?

thanks for your attention

I have installed ML 10.8.2 today .
currently i am using nvidia Geforce Gt240(Board Intel Dh55HC), I want to upgrade my card to GT640.
is this work with my system .

great addition an update list of compatible pars and configurations for all budgets and requirements

Hi,

If i use the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH with Intel i7-3770 do i still have to buy a Graphics card for a successfull mountain lion hackintosh installation?

I am not a gamer so i don't need a graphics card. Will i be able to just use the onboard HD4000 graphics with my configuration?
Yes, works fine.

I'm a fan of the Fractal Design Core 1000, it's a great case! Happy to see it in this guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back