Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my first Hackintosh with the i5 CustoMac Mini Deluxe spec - Its fantastic, thank you!! Is there a buyers guide for a Hackintosh Laptop? Can't seem to see an equally thorough (and confidence building) equivalent for a MBPro Hackintosh. Thanks for any help - sorry of its there and I didn't see it...

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Just finished my first Hackintosh with the i5 CustoMac Mini Deluxe spec - Its fantastic, thank you!! Is there a buyers guide for a Hackintosh Laptop? Can't seem to see an equally thorough (and confidence building) equivalent for a MBPro Hackintosh. Thanks for any help - sorry of its there and I didn't see it...
There is no true equivalent to a MacBook Pro. You may find a laptop that works, but it won't be 100% compatible and entails a lot of work to get most of it working. So unless you have lot's of time and technical skill you are better off buying a refurbished MacBook Pro.

Hopefully, you will also have a guide for a 12-core (dual CPU) motherboard sooner as a counterpart of Apple's so-called "the fastest Mac ever." Just for the bleeding edge guys :headbang:

It is not recommended to Hackintosh a laptop, even though it is completely possible, as I've done it before. The parts are too difficult to get up and running and there is very little support for them. I remember doing mine on 10.6.2 with an Acer laptop, and it took me nearly two weeks to get it fully functional, only to have it break a few days in. :crazy: Again, doing it on a laptop is not recommended.

With these buyers guides, the ability to build a very nice, fully featured Hackintosh is becoming very easy. Even for the first time builders wanting to engage in this process. Thanks again guys, you're doing great! :thumbup:

Why not put the /extra folder needed to make each of these custo-macs fully operational with sleep/wake/video/audio/ethernet/wifi . or a driver pack, on this post??? also have to use that cloud boot loader i hear for ML to work.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

If you buy the right laptop, such as an HP Probook 4530s (depending on the model) you can get everything working natively, wifi, bluetooth, graphics, etc. Fewer laptops are hackintosh compatible then desktop parts, but that may change.

please help can i build a hackintosh using this hardware???

hi... can i build a hackintosh with asus p8z77-v pro motherboard
here is what i am going to buy
motherboard =
asus P8Z77-v pro
ram = 16gb DDR3
intel core i5 3.4 ghz
graphic card = SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHZ EDITION 2GB GDDR5

CAN I BUILD A HACKINTOSH WITH THE ABOVE HARDWARE????? ...... i am using asus cause for me it is the best.. so will i be able to build a hackintosh????

I am using this set up, and am quite happy with the on board graphics. I may add a video card at some point, but everything is just great at it is.
However I am not able to successfully run two monitors while in booted into OSX. Video works fine on both monitors in BIOS, and Windows8, but ML 10.8.2 will only show clear video on one monitor or the other at a time. It may work better If I had two of the exact same model of monitor, I have one Dell 24 and one 19" samsung, so the video is scrambled on one of them in OSX.

see http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-ga-z77x-up5-th-other-goodies.html#post531571

Edit: I grabbed a second Dell 24 inch monitor and it is still scrambled on on of the monitors in ML. Oh well...

Thanx for the information and the Link buddy.

I have never had 2 Monitors and have no plans of having 2 in future but still nice to know! If everything -even full accelaration- is working fine with one monitor connected than i will be more than happy.

But still please let me know your graphics card if u added one to your build.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back