Contribute
Register

Budgetteed hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i can able to understand you but i cant able to have an clear vision over hardware!
and i recommend the hardware listing! and it is good with el captian or snow leopard?
and why i need an desktop optical drive?
and if you tell me the exact details in briefly it would very helpful for me!
and also tell me the difference between haswell and skylake?
and also why snow leopard as the starting point?

Desktop optical drive only required to run Snow Leopard installation DVD.
Snow Leopard DVD to install SL is only required if you do not have access to a Mac to create El Capitan UniBeast USB. Ubfortunately, efforts to create a Skylake iBoot have so far failed, so there is probability that for Skylake builds access to a Mac becomes necessity.
Skylake is newest generation of Intel PCH chip (100 series) - Haswell is last generation PCH chip (90 series)

Snow Leopard was starting point for those with no access to a Mac. Install SL to get access to the Mac App Store and download the latest version of OS X since Apple quit selling hard install media. OS X is download only today and will only download on machine running OS X already.

thank you so much and you wanted me to 1st install snow leopard and then update it to el captian?
and if you dont mind just tell me the exact process of building the os for hackintosh!

and if you dont mind just tell me the exact process of building the os for hackintosh!

Hey,

the exact steps will vary from system to system, we would need to know exactly what specific hardware you are using to give a full exact step guide.

you will need to refer to the installation guide before you start anything

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html

Once you have read and understood the steps outlined in the "Where Do I Start" guide head over the the Snow Leopard (10.6) install guide found here >

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

This should give you the closest thing to exact steps you can expect. If you run into issues along the way the forum can help.

Upgrading to newer version 10.7+ can be done by following each respective guide linked in the guides menu above.

If you lack the basics of building a Windows machine i would recommend staying away from a hackintosh until you are much more experienced with hardware and software installations.

If you really really want OSX no matter what, be prepared for issues/frustrations as getting everything 100% stable is not always easy.

thanks a lot!
and yeah im just reading and researchin about the hardware and software and i ll soon learn that!
can u insist me what to know off?
before building a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back