Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Can you please provide your EFI folder for me?
See
Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2, item #1

See
Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2, item #1

THX man!

Do yo think Rocket88 my score are poor? I men for my hardware ? I'm not sure if its ok or not. I atash the file!

Attachments

• Captură de ecran din 2017.01.20 la 19.01.08.png
    Captură de ecran din 2017.01.20 la 19.01.08.png
    722.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Hi GDS, I admire ur dedication. And I think we could help each other out coz I also have RVE w/ 6950x and dual Strix 980ti also custom wc. However I am running soft tubing coz I don't got the space and time to do hardline.

I would strongly suggest that u test all ur parts and install EC or windows or whatever OS u plan to run first before u start taking things apart and installing water blocks. It will be a pain in the ass once u have everything assembled and found out that u need to take something out. Just a heads up. A lot of ppl have issues trying to get dual titan X to boot the first time. Most of them have to do all the post install with one titan X before install the second gpu. That's why I suggest to get the wc going after u have the OS sorted.

Just to let u know I also had my system fully running 10.11.6 with 5960x by following a guide from IM. Then I came across this thread and thought it would be a simple CPU swap for 6950x like Axe said. And boy am I wrong.... I don't regret upgrading the CPU. But now just pulling my hair out coz I don't know exactly what I need to get it to boot. It's combination of a lot of things to get it right. Clover installation settings, config.plist, kexts and patches, Ssdt and dsdt. All this stuff which I got no in depth knowledge of.

Let's hope Axe is kind enough to show us the way. If u get ur hack to work pls share ur settings and files. And I'll definitely do the same if I crack this. good luck with ur build. I'm waiting to see what kind of beast u r building.
Hello! I have i7 6850k, asus x99 strix rog, 32gb corsair dominator 3000, and samsung ssd. Could you help me to create bootable usb for mac sierra? I tried different types on youtube video but no one worked. I always have apple logo stuck after i choose in clover to boot from usb. I am a bit new to all things connected with hackintosh. If you would help me i would really appreciate it. I understand that it can take time for you but i defenitely can reward you in a way you ask. My skype blitzz_krig
Thank you

Hey, just adding that I got the 6950X (Broadwell E) / ASUS x99 Deluxe II / 980ti installed with barely any issues. I followed a mix of x99 guides to get a 5930K working, then used a patch from the wonderful Brumbaer to allocate more memory during the PCI ConfigurationBegin phase, then it booted right up.

I'm not much one for documenting but what I essentially did was...

1) NOT used a USB stick. I installed El Capitan directly to an SSD, from a real mac. Installed clover on it. Booted directly to it in new Machine.

2) Updated VoodooTCSync with a 19 for the core setting.

3) Added brumbaer's patch for 5960X (search it on google, I'm not sure what the cross-posting/crediting rules are)...

4) Boot!

What isn't working is my USB 3.0 ports, a crazy TCP/IP lag, onboard ethernet is much slower than WiFi, and I'm using FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and I'm sure I'm not getting the geek bench score that I probably should be. I've spent way too many days trying to get this working and I actually have to get some work done so I'll probably wait to tweak it for performance. Just happy to see so many cores plowing through my compiling tasks!

Again, thanks to the Hackintosh community, you guys rock!

View attachment 199709 View attachment 199710
Hello! You did a great job. I already trying to do the same with 6850k and x99 asus strix. But not succeed yet. Could you help with step by step how to install brumbaer clover patch. I've read all about it. But didn't understand how to implement ir. Please if you can give me advice. Thank you very much!

THX man!

Do yo think Rocket88 my score are poor? I men for my hardware ? I'm not sure if its ok or not. I atash the file!
No your score looks okay. I was worried that mine was low because I was seeing others with an overclocked score of 50,000 and the best I could get was 35,000 at 4.3 GHz.

Hello! I have i7 6850k, asus x99 strix rog, 32gb corsair dominator 3000, and samsung ssd. Could you help me to create bootable usb for mac sierra? I tried different types on youtube video but no one worked. I always have apple logo stuck after i choose in clover to boot from usb. I am a bit new to all things connected with hackintosh. If you would help me i would really appreciate it. I understand that it can take time for you but i defenitely can reward you in a way you ask. My skype blitzz_krig
Thank you

I found this on a german hackintosh website so use google translate to follow their build: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/ind...9-Gaming-i7-6850K-es-kann-los-gehen/?pageNo=5

I think when I was scrolling through, there was working EFI folder that you can just replace your clover usb EFI with and it should work (make sure it's one of the ones where he had success and not one of the ones that failed)

Any success getting this i7-6950x to work with Speedstep? I'm getting kernel panics after 6-12 hours of use, no OC. When OC the kernel panics are more frequent (happening after about 5 min of use).

I was also wondering: are you guys getting random crashes with your build or is it perfectly stable? People seem to claim "success" for builds that are not even stable these days, that's why I'm asking.

Last edited:
My build is stable. I am overclocking at 4.0 GHz & I am using an SSDT file that is 4.3 GHz, mainly because I have been too lazy to update it. Here is the stuff I used:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

./ssdtPRGen.sh -extract

./ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0 -turbo 4300

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh

Broadwell Core i7-6950X processor [0x406F1] setup [0x0402]

If this makes no sense, I apologize. Someday, I will update my documentation.
P.S. I decided to settle on 4.0 GHz over 4.3 GHz because it was so much quieter and not that much slower.

My build is stable. I am overclocking at 4.0 GHz & I am using an SSDT file that is 4.3 GHz, mainly because I have been too lazy to update it. Here is the stuff I used:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

./ssdtPRGen.sh -extract

./ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0 -turbo 4300

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh

Broadwell Core i7-6950X processor [0x406F1] setup [0x0402]

If this makes no sense, I apologize. Someday, I will update my documentation.
P.S. I decided to settle on 4.0 GHz over 4.3 GHz because it was so much quieter and not that much slower.

Thank you Rocket88! I'll try this.

Could you tell me how did you find the correct CPUID to use? I understand you have to find CPUIDs according to the closest MacOS supported CPU. But I'm unable to find any guide about it... So far I'm using 0x040674 but I have no idea why and to which CPU it corresponds... Maybe that could be the reason why I'm getting these crashes and the system is unstable. Edit: Answering part of my own question here, this is where we can look for CPUID: http://www.cpu-world.com/cgi-bin/CPUID.pl and https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_fakecpuid.

Also, "setup [0x0402]" --> I think there is a byte missing;

Could you please tell me which settings did you set in the BiOS? Did you have to disable SpeedStep, PLL Overvoltage, ASUS Multicore Enhancement, etc. ?

Last edited:
Thank you Rocket88! I'll try this.

Could you tell me how did you find the correct CPUID to use? I understand you have to find CPUIDs according to the closest MacOS supported CPU. But I'm unable to find any guide about it... So far I'm using 0x040674 but I have no idea why and to which CPU it corresponds... Maybe that could be the reason why I'm getting these crashes and the system is unstable. Edit: Answering part of my own question here, this is where we can look for CPUID: http://www.cpu-world.com/cgi-bin/CPUID.pl and https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_fakecpuid.

Also, "setup [0x0402]" --> I think there is a byte missing;

Could you please tell me which settings did you set in the BiOS? Did you have to disable SpeedStep, PLL Overvoltage, ASUS Multicore Enhancement, etc. ?

You are right. I don't know where the 0x0402 came from.

3/17/2017

Using the terminal app, when I type: ./ssdtPRGen.sh -extract
This appears:
System information: Mac OS X 10.12.3 (16D32)

Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz"

Version: models.cfg v160 / Broadwell.cfg v151

Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]

Broadwell Core i7-6950X processor [0x406F1] setup [0x0a02]

With a maximum TDP of 140 Watt, as specified by Intel

Number logical CPU's: 20 (Core Frequency: 3000 MHz)

Number of Turbo States: 5 (3100-3500 MHz)

Number of P-States: 24 (1200-3500 MHz)

Injected C-States for CP00 (C1,C3,C6)

Injected C-States for CP01 (C1,C3,C6)

Warning: 'system-type' may be set improperly (1 instead of 3) <<< I don't know why I get this message

- Clover users should read https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#acpi_smartups

Compiling: ssdt_pr.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov 6 2014]

Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: /Users/xxx/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 461 lines, 13084 bytes, 145 keywords

AML Output: /Users/xxx/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 3588 bytes, 64 named objects, 81 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Attached are the config.plist CPU settings
config CPU.png

Config Kernel.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back