Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell us how you updated the VoodooTCSync to make all 20 threads show up?
Step 1: Right click on VoodooTSCSync.kext Step 2: Select Show Package Contents Step 3: Go to Contents folder and Right Click on Info.plist and open with Xcode Step 4: Go to… > IOKitPersonalities > VoodooTSCSync > IOPropertyMatch > IPCPUNumber (Make value that corresponds to your core number below) 16 core = 31 12 core = 23 8 core = 15 6 core = 11 4 core = 7 and so on....consider your number of cores -1

Last edited:
Step 1: Right click on VoodooTSCSync.kext Step 2: Select Show Package Contents Step 3: Go to Contents folder and Right Click on Info.plist and open with Xcode Step 4: Go to… > IOKitPersonalities > VoodooTSCSync > IOPropertyMatch > IPCPUNumber (Make value that corresponds to your core number below) 16 core = 31 12 core = 23 8 core = 15 6 core = 11 4 core = 7 and so on....consider your number of cores -1

Excellent!! Today is my birthday is this could possibly be the best news I've received all day!

Would you mind sharing your "EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI boot drive"?

I've tired various versions of Test2.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and am hoping whatever one you're using would work with my setup.

I also have an 5960x rig which I installed El Cap on and am experiencing the same Thunderbolt-related bootup issue and will test on that as well!

Excellent!! Today is my birthday is this could possibly be the best news I've received all day!

Would you mind sharing your "EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI boot drive"?

I've tired various versions of Test2.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and am hoping whatever one you're using would work with my setup.

I also have an 5960x rig which I installed El Cap on and am experiencing the same Thunderbolt-related bootup issue and will test on that as well!
i use the attached file and it's stable but you will always have every 2 or 3 boot that problem with aptio driver. I solved that problem enabling "above 4G decoding" in bios. Enabling that voice i always boot with thunderbolt and with no more aptio errors. But consider that i use a xeon cpu and i remember that when i had my 5960x with 4G enabled in bios osx didnt boot.
But try and let me know.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 109
How are you guys getting Geek Bench scores so high. The best I can do with at 4.3GHz overclock is 35000. My motherboard is the Gigabyte Designare EX with the i7-6950x.

Maybe do you have EIST enabled in bios??
How are you guys getting Geek Bench scores so high. The best I can do with at 4.3GHz overclock is 35000. My motherboard is the Gigabyte Designare EX with the i7-6950x.

Hey mate, I also have a Gigabyte Designaire EX with a 6950x but i haven't installed MAC OS X yet. Could you help me out with any tips? First time try here.

[email protected] is my e-mail

i use the attached file and it's stable but you will always have every 2 or 3 boot that problem with aptio driver. I solved that problem enabling "above 4G decoding" in bios. Enabling that voice i always boot with thunderbolt and with no more aptio errors. But consider that i use a xeon cpu and i remember that when i had my 5960x with 4G enabled in bios osx didnt boot.
But try and let me know.

Great! I will try and circle back to this thread with my results... Thanks again!

The scores over 45000 are not real; they are caused by a clock speed bug in Clover with Broadwell-E, I think it was fixed around r3727. That same bug caused the system clock to run fast and audio to sound choppy.

Hi! Can you please provide your EFI folder for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back