Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

No files attached, no answer possible.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

My apologies, Toleda... I wasn't looking at it as a "problem," since everything works. I realize now I should have. The requisite files are attached. Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

• debug_6583.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
My apologies, Toleda... I wasn't looking at it as a "problem," since everything works. I realize now I should have. The requisite files are attached. Thank you for your consideration.

All of the patches you have for 'AirPortBrcm4360' in your config.plist are ineffective due to the Name specification being incorrect.
Deleting them will have no effect.

RehabMan said:
All of the patches you have for 'AirPortBrcm4360' in your config.plist are ineffective due to the Name specification being incorrect.
Deleting them will have no effect.

With Clover v4305 or newer, the patches have changed
See Post #1, config-bcm94352-130.plist download

RehabMan, Toleda... thank you both. So, based on RehabMan's post, before I saw Toleda's, I deleted all three AirPortBrcm4360 patches from my config.plist and saved. Then I added AirportBrcmFixup.kext to Clover/kexts/other (where I already had Lilu.kext) and restarted. 5G WiFi and Bluetooth both worked.

So, if I'm reading WiFi Injection Methods option 3 correctly in post #1, to keep everything clean and avoid conflicts, I need to:
  • Delete AirPortBrcm4360.kext from S/L/E
  • Delete FakePCIID.kext from S/L/E, but keep FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
...and then I don't need to worry with the new patches? The patches are only required for options 1 & 2?

The Bluetooth portion looks like it hasn't changed. I have both of those kexts in S/L/E, but I haven't updated them in a while. I'll make sure I load the latest versions tonight.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
Wifi BSD name of en1 is fine .... if you have on board ethernet its likely that will be en0, the only real important thing to note with network adaptors is that they start at en0 and have no gaps in their BSD name numbering ...

See section 2.3 of the iMessage guide for more information

Cheers
Jay

thanks
jaymonkey
iMessage is working fine here with no issues or patches

hi toleda & RehabMan,

My Wifi & BT card: BCM943225 HMB

Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem
-> wifi card seems to be recognized but cannot be turned on

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
-> 10.13.4, laptop dell 2420
Procedure/Guide used
-> used all three methods but the results are the same
log files are in attachment, please help me.
many thanks

Attachments

• logs.zip
    881.4 KB · Views: 78
Both, not correct; result, no Wifi

So, then, I should just leave everything as I have it now?

AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Clover/kexts/other; AirportBrcm4360.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext where they have always been?

AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Clover/kexts/other; AirportBrcm4360.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext where they have always been?
AirportBrcm4360.kext: never install a macOS system file in CLOVER
FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext: L/E

Back