Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

AirportBrcm4360.kext: never install a macOS system file in CLOVER
FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext: L/E

Done. Thank you. Realize now I don't even have AirportBrcm4360.kext anymore. I have AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext in S/L/E and FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in L/E. Everything appears to be working fine. Again, much obliged.

don't even have AirportBrcm4360.kext anymore
Plugin included with IO80211Family.kext, still there.
With FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext installed, AirportBrcm4360.kext is enabled in 10.13.

Plugin included with IO80211Family.kext, still there.
With FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext installed, AirportBrcm4360.kext is enabled in 10.13.

Ah. So it is. Thanks for the correction!

Is this the proper place to ask for help troubleshooting "Unlock With Apple Watch" feature using BCM94352Z? Please disregard if it isn't.

It's not... the "General Help" forum under "Post Installation" is the place to ask for help, and be sure you read the "Problem Reporting" requirements. I can tell you, though, that I never, not once, got Unlock with Apple Watch working with that card... I only got it working by buying a BCM94360CS2 and installing it with an M.2 adapter. Now it works perfectly.

(Posted in Dell XPS 13 9360 guide before, repost here to get more attention)

I swap the WiFi card to DW1820A on my Dell XPS 13 9360, no KP on boot but when I switch on WiFi, there is the problem:

- SysPref Network Panel freezes
- SysInfo/WiFi also freezes
- Unable to save files

I was told that DW1820A did not work on XPS 13, but should the card be natively supported by macOS and irrelevant to what computer/laptop I use?

I really want to use this card as I purchase it only for running Hackintosh. I do not want to waste it...
Debug file attached as zip, thanks a lot.

Attachments

• debug_11892.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 108
Why are both FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and AirportBrcmFixup.kext installed?
I removed both but the problem still exists (since it suppose to be natively supported).
----
EDIT: I installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi again only and generate the following debug files.

Attachments

• debug_31293.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I removed both but the problem still exists (since it suppose to be natively supported).
----
EDIT: I installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi again only and generate the following debug files.

Your kexts are not installed correctly.
Should be installed to /L/E not /S/L/E.

Moved FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi to /L/E, problem still exists.

Attachments

• debug_31575.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
Back