Contribute
Register

Broadcom dropped from Sonoma Beta

I have the BCM94360CS2 and WiFi doesn't work in Sonoma. I’m assuming then that this card is part of the group of Broadcom cards that are now unsupported in Sonoma?

I have the BCM94360CS2 and WiFi doesn't work in Sonoma. I’m assuming then that this card is part of the group of Broadcom cards that are now unsupported in Sonoma?

Sadly, that is true.

However, as explained in previous posts, the OpenCore Legacy Patcher devs have added an initial workaround patch for Broadcom wireless cards to their latest beta version. So if you feel adventurous, it could be worth a try. Remember to backup any vital data before testing though.

Those old wireless cards are not likely to have any future support from macOS.

Sadly, that is true.

However, as explained in previous posts, the OpenCore Legacy Patcher devs have added an initial workaround patch for Broadcom wireless cards to their latest beta version. So if you feel adventurous, it could be worth a try. Remember to backup any vital data before testing though.

Those old wireless cards are not likely to have any future support from macOS.
Thanks. It’s a pity since it works perfectly with Ventura and earlier versions of MacOS.

so, as of now the only fix is to disable SIP and to add the 2 additional kext to get Fenvi/bcm4360 working in Sonoma ?
What are the implications of having SIP disabled ?

Yes that is currently the state of play. Plus disabling AppleMobileFileIntegrity (AMFI) using the appropriate boot argument or DeviceProperties.

The SIP code referenced for getting Broadcom compatibility in Sonoma is set to allow unsigned kexts to load, not for all SIP attributes to be disabled.

Disabling SIP completely is different to disabling SIP for kext loading. Both reduce the level of security for your system but using the unsigned kext code is not as bad as completely disabling SIP.

Hello...

I upgraded to Sonoma but Wifi doesn't work (bluetooth is OK) : I have a Broadcom BRM9460 card.
OpenCoreLegacy patcher is withour any effect (even if it detects a "Modern Wireless") !
What Wireless card will natively works (Airdrop is very useful in my mind).

OpenCoreLegacy patcher is withour any effect (even if it detects a "Modern Wireless") !
It takes more than just running OCLP root patching to get Broadcom wifi working.

See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fenvi-t919-wifi-back-in-sonoma-with-oclp-early-preview.326545/

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
I did all of these in config.plist.

Now OCLP indicates that all patches are installed but Wifi is still not activable ....

The process outlined above works, if you card doesn’t work then you have done something wrong.

You need to check that you followed each stage correctly and remove & reapply the OCLP Root Patches, if necessary.

Back