Contribute
Register

Broadcom dropped from Sonoma Beta

Always possible, but not very likely.

Not unless someone steps forward to see if an alternative fix can be created. If it was a simple fix I am pretty sure the Acidanthera AirportBrcmFixup.kext development team would have provided one.

The thing is that I don't really need WiFi for Internet. I only use it for my two Wi-Fi printers and not sure what is better is it to keep SIP enabled and connect printer via USB, or just wish other solution in future. The Sonoma is the best macOS release since Catalina for me. It had returned DSC support so now I can enjoy 160Hz monitor instead of 120hz like it was in Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur.

Keep SIP enabled is to my mind the better option.

You can use Intel WiFi for connecting to your printers to you Hack, just the same as you can with any WiFi connection. Printing in macOS isn’t reliant on continuity or any other feature that was dropped with the release of Sonoma.

As long as you can connect the printers to your hack via your local wireless network they will work as expected, no matter which OS you are using.

Yea same thinking I have. I can't use intel WiFi module because my build is mini-ITX and I replaced default Intel module with Broadcom. Of course I could rechange Broadcom to Intel, but then I will lose Airdrop, Handoff and Clipboard copy only works one one. Maybe there is a way to connect to printers without Wi-Fi, keeping in mind fact that these printers and my hack are connected to same local network?

Any solution about boot loop issue when adding the necessary kext to the config.plist and then doing restart?

@Camel
Here all works fine if config.plist settings are as per OCLP instructions. Most of the times, IOSkywalkFamily block is disabled or Exclude is not the strategy (early kernel panic). Recheck the instructions or post here your config.plist.

@Camel
Here all works fine if config.plist settings are as per OCLP instructions. Most of the times, IOSkywalkFamily block is disabled or Exclude is not the strategy (early kernel panic). Recheck the instructions or post here your config.plist.
here is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
here is my config.plist
Your config.plist looks fine to me. I see all Broadcom settings ok. Not sure what else to say.

Back