Contribute
Register

Booting from optical bay, EFI folder location ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA P55-US3L-rev 2.0
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT240
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear friends, I am running 10.12.1 on Dell N7110, but HDD is installed in optical bay, and therefore, it is impossible ( according to information I have ) to boot from optical bay when I install clover bootloader on that drive ( tried several times ).

For work primary machine has to be windows and I can not change HDD configuration.

My question is, since every time I have to boot from Installer USB, should I use and populate EFI folder and all other configuratio on that USB flash, or I should install clover on HDD in optical bay, and migrate working configuration ( complete EFI folder ) to reside on HDD ( EFI partition ofc)

Does OSX pull, DSDT, kexts, SSDT and config.plist successfully from USB flash, which I need to disconnect after boot process.

Thank you in advance, this is driving me nuts lately, I bought a bay for HDD but never crossed my mind that booting will be the problem.

Dear friends, I am running 10.12.1 on Dell N7110, but HDD is installed in optical bay, and therefore, it is impossible ( according to information I have ) to boot from optical bay when I install clover bootloader on that drive ( tried several times ).

For work primary machine has to be windows and I can not change HDD configuration.

My question is, since every time I have to boot from Installer USB, should I use and populate EFI folder and all other configuratio on that USB flash, or I should install clover on HDD in optical bay, and migrate working configuration ( complete EFI folder ) to reside on HDD ( EFI partition ofc)

Does OSX pull, DSDT, kexts, SSDT and config.plist successfully from USB flash, which I need to disconnect after boot process.

Thank you in advance, this is driving me nuts lately, I bought a bay for HDD but never crossed my mind that booting will be the problem.

You should install Clover to the main EFI/Clover if that's the only place that BIOS will boot to...
Otherwise, you're stuck with using BIOS hotkey to select the USB device that has a correct EFI/Clover.

Thank you very much, I am populating EFI folder last few days on USB flash and OS i accepting everything i order in DSDT or config.plist. Booting is very easy, when I want to boot OSX I insert USB flash, and bios is configures to boot from it. When I want windows I just take out USB flash and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back