Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered the WD Blue 1tb drive for my computer and since it got 4k I have to fix it. I wonder if it would work to connect the new drive via sata to my current perfectly running hackintosh, clone the hdd to my new WD drive and then point the multibeast installer to it and install the drivers. (Note that the new WD hdd is connected via sata all the time). What do you guys think about that? It's kinda similar to the second guide alternative according to me, but i use sata instead of usb.

Thank you for your time

METHOD 1 THE EASIER. GO FOR THAT WAY. AND THAT I AM NOT NO EXPERT. Tonymac THANKS!

Neither method worked for me with my new WD Green 2TB. USB method didn't seem to do anything, still had the Boot 0 error, and using Terminal produced the appropriate messages, but resulted in a unrecognisable disk that had to be reformatted.

Oh well, I'll just use that old 80GB drive I had lying around as a boot disk.

I got the answer to my own question. I got my old drive connected as the main drive, and the new connected via sata as well. First I cloned my hdd, then pointed Multibeast to it and installed all the drivers and chimera again. Then I used step 5 to 7 on solution 1. But before I restarted I connected my new drive instead of the old. It's working!

for resource busy error try rdisk0s2 works for me

thank you been struggling with this all day

Hi guys, I can't even boot from the USB Unibeast drive unless I unplug my HD sata cable. Once it is unplugged the USB will fire up but then the HD is not listed in disk utilities. Is there something I need to hold down to boot from the USB drive. I press f12 to pick my boot up disk but then just get this error.

EBIOS read error: Media error
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
:

seems like it is still tying to read from the HD. and not the USB unibeast. So i can't even try option #1 and option #2 wont' work as I don't have any of thoes adapters.

My customac has been running great since it was built about 3 weeks ago. But today I was surfing the next when it locked up, I think it was just the finder that locked up. I shut it off and restarted it and now it says

boot0: GPT
boot0: trest
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

I have no idea whats going on, I have downloaded things and loaded things on to this drive and I really don't want to start over.

I have tried putting my USB drive that I created unibeast / ML with. I get this error? I have not used this usb drive since I loaded ML onto the machine.

Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
:

What the heck is going on?

SO i think my brand new sata3 1tb drive might be trashed.

I tried using unibeast to load up but it kept giving me this

Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
:

I then took another sata drive from my old g5 and put ML on it and got that up and running and now when I put the 1tb sata3 drive in i still get this error.

Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
Block 0x6578b8 Sector 0
:

when i start up and it wont continue to load.

How can i reformat this drive to get it working again.

I havent tried the usb external drive adapter cause I will have to order the item. Will it work if I connect this drive to the usb adapter? There seems like there is no way to reformat this big drive. Not really sure what happen with it.

Errrrrrrr

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

I've been working on this boot0: error for a couple of days traying to boot from a drive after cloning using Carbon Copy, but today I finally fix it, and it was in a very estrange way.
First of all, I have two version of OSX running on my Hackintosh: OSX 10.7.5(Main 500GB) and OSX 10.8.4 (test 300GB), once I was comfortable with the 10.8.4 version, I decided to finally move 10.8.4 to my main Drive 500GB.

A little background, originally, It took me a while to upgrade to 10.8.3 because I have a Radeon HD6850 video card, and that's Not compatible with Mountain Lion Installer, I follow many recommendations until somebody mentioned Removing the HD6850 card and install using a monitor connected to the DMI (HD3000) from the Motherboard. So I got it working after a week of work.

Since that was fairly complicated and cumbersome, I waited and waited until I decided to get ride of 10.7.5 early this week and move (clone) my test 10.8.4 to my main drive. After that..... BANG!!!! the boot0: error

I follow Solution 1, very complicated because my unibeast (Mountain Lion Installer) doesn't work with my HD8650 card, so I had to delete the ATI6000Controller.kext from UniBeast. I followed Solution 1, unmount, diskutil list, dd if-..... no luck, system when DEAD after apple screen. I the boot from my test 10.8.4 drive, so I run MultiBeast 5.4.3, installed just Chimera v2.1.2 r2148, unmount drive, copied boot1h from my 10.8.4 test disk like this:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/disk/disk0s2

Then, reboot, the system goes through Chimera again.... etc. etc... and white apple screen.... and that's it.. .DEAD again, both monitor went BLACK and the only way to continue was to hard boot my machine again.

I tried all flavors of coping and chimeras, and some voodoo too, but same problem... I thought, it has to be the HD6850 card again.. so I decided to type GraphicsEnabler=No at boot prompt and voila!!! it work, but the funny part is that I has full graphics support, dual monitor, all working properly.

So finally I added the GraphicsEnabler=No to my org.chamaleon.Boot.plist and my system boots without any problems into my just cloned drive with 10.8.4

I hope this could give another options for those that had the system dead or panic after the white apple screen.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back