Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, didnt work for me. Still getting the gibberish text screen when I try to boot into my SSD

IMG_0633.jpg

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

No. I didn't think to search for something so obvious -_-

edit: wow, I think I fixed my problem. Here is what I did:

1. Booted into "Mountain Lion" via USB stick
2. Downloaded and installed Chameleon Wizard from here
3. Installed "Boot0md" to my Mountain Lion disk as shown here:
Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 11.35.01 AM.png
4. Run Multibeast and install/upgrade Chimera v2.0.1 r2109 like so:
Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 11.37.46 AM.png
5. Reboot from SSD installation and voila!

I don't know why that worked, because I had tried to install the first option "Boot0hfs" several times before and it didn't work. Maybe it was the Chimera step? I really have no idea, but I'm a little more happy now. Hope this works for you too.

Hi folks,

Well, decided to do something mad and installed a new 2TB drive, then use the Unibeast method of installing Mountain Lion (my main drive is running SLeopard, another drive running Lion - which I intend to delete, another drive running Windows 7 and a final SSD also running SLeopard....just to try out an SSD). Had various issues with NOT being able to boot into ML WITHOUT first booting from the unibeast USB. So......disconnected all drives EXCEPT ML, that's when I got the Boot0 error. So, connected ALL drives again, booted with USB.....found that I still had the 'installer' drive from when I successfully formatted my LION drive (as per Tonymac) and so booted into that. Then I followed the above instructions, opened Disk Utility, used 'Get Info' to find that ML drive was 'disk3' unmounted ML drive, quit DUtility, then opened Terminal and simply copied instructions per screen shots above by 'oqunnn' (THANKS!)........boots beautifully! I now have a machine (getting a bit old now) that can boot into SLeopard, Lion, Windows and now Mountain Lion!!!! (woohoo!). My aim is to transfer files from LION (which I respectfully deplored) onto ML...and just run SL (which I still LOVE and need for certain music software, not yet ML enabled) and ML. I'll also keep WIN7 (same reason as SL). Incidentally, this Hackintosh (my first ever)....has given me 2.5 years of hassle free computing (and still on the Gigabyte X58 mono).
Best wishes and thanks guys once again.

Incidentally, I needed wireless and just downloaded the ASUS wireless utility driver for 10.7 and it works wonderfully with my USB-N10.

Eco

A system that has been working well for about 6 months recently sprung the dreaded boot0 phenomenon! Note that it does NOT have a 2 Tb hard disk.
I have tried both recommended fixes from the official guide several times - without success. The configuration is as follows:
Motherboard - Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Graphics - ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti
System Drive - Sandisk SSD 64Gb
Data Drive - WD 500Gb
RAM - Corsaiir Vengeance 16Gb
I have re-installed OSX 10.4.8 and everything else on a new Kingston 120Gb SSD and it boots and everything works OK except Microsoft Office for the Mac.
(MS Office demands a new activation and I have used them all up. The Mac version of Office ties itself to a unique Hard Disk serial number, unlike in Windows where it uses the overall system details and can tolerate some component changes).
So, I need to get the original disk working.
Can somebody suggest a possible reason for and perhaps a fix for the problem?
Ben

I named my Unibeast drive "USB" as it says to do in the guide. and i named my partition "Lion OS X" where I installed on the laptop. So which is it referring to for me to input for my volume? I unmounted my partition Lion OS X and opened terminal, input lion os x with what i thought were the correct forward and backslash combinations, and it said no such volume existed. then i tried "USB" and it said "resource busy". reboot brought me back to boot0. and here I am. any thoughts? thanks

I was getting the "resource busy" too until I realize that my disk was on "/dev/disk1s2"

To know the correct path just run disk utility, click on your partition and then click on the Info (i) icon. Check the disk identifier value.

Solution #1 worked for me, but it apparently made the ethernet ports on my GA-h77n wifi useless. I was never able to connect via LAN to the internet so I had to do a complete system re installation. Any ideas if these issues could be related? I'm afraid that if I try again, I will experience the same issue and I'll have to re install 10.8.4 again.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can share =D

Solution #1 worked for me, but it apparently made the ethernet ports on my GA-h77n wifi useless. I was never able to connect via LAN to the internet so I had to do a complete system re installation. Any ideas if these issues could be related? I'm afraid that if I try again, I will experience the same issue and I'll have to re install 10.8.4 again.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can share =D

I know it's kinda unusual to quote oneself, but this might be relevant.

So... I decided to give it another try to this method. Again it made possible to boot from a 4k HDD... and again it broke my network connection. I was not able to re connect to the internet using a lan cable. So... determined to find a way for this I ran Multibeast with the same options as before but this time, instead of just the Intel network, I selected all of the available options and... IT WORKED!

I wish I was able to pinpoint exactly which option did the trick and ended up enabling pan again, but I don't really have a lot of time right now (exam season at my university).

Hopefully my experience might help others.

My specs:
GA H77N WIFI
Intel i5 3570K
8GB DDR3 1600mhz Kingston HyperX Blue
1TB Seagate Barracuda 64mb cache 7200 RPM (4k drive)
HD 4000 graphics

All new drives are "advanced format", please update the STANDARD installing procedure.
Should we buy an "old" drive to install an Hackintosh?

After the unmount, the /Volumes doesn't exist anymore. The dd command won't work. I got an error saying no such file or dir.
If I don't unmount the volume, dd gives me a resource busy error. Please help.

same here :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

any help?? for that issue :?:

then why this happened always?? any fix soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back