Not open for further replies.
I already type and success and then reboot my desktop

image1.JPG

when I boot desktop without USB unibeast

image1.JPG

when i boot with USB unibeast

image2.JPG

Anyone can help me, many thx

i think may be bios setting to mount my hd (SSD) problem because my hd (SSD) drive is unmount in disk utility but i haven't do step for unmount disk.

when I boot desktop without USB unibeast

View attachment 151842

Anyone can help me, many thx

Same screen for me, Installed with no issues but I require the USB to boot into the system and the flag -x to go through the login page.

EDIT: Actually, my screen gets the Boot0:GPT and other few lines, and then Boot0:None, followed by a lot of characters like in the picture

2015-09-26 17.31.20.jpg

Last edited:
Solution One here - the best advice I've ever had, many thanks indeed!

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

The same issue as who ?

Rules said:
Signatures are for build descriptions only. Maximum of 4 systems listed and limited to motherboard, CPU and graphics card(s) only

A couple notes on this. I recently experienced the boot0 error again after upgrading my Windows drive, and had some trouble with it.

One is repeating an existing solution, and the second is a new solution that I have not seen before.

1. disk0s2

This is worth repeating, because a lot of people seem to have trouble with it. When booting into your UniBeast install drive. After unmounting your OS drive (or before, it doesn't matter), quit diskutil, open a Terminal, and type:

diskutil list

In this list, look under NAME for the name of your OS partition, and then find the corresponding IDENTIFIER. As others have pointed your OS is plugged into SATA0, the identifier will be disk0s2. If not, note whatever your OS partition's identifier may be. It should look like this: disk[#]s2 (example disk0s2, disk1s2, disk2s2, etc.)

Next, following the OP's instructions, type (or copy/paste):

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

(and replace disk0s2 with your OS partition's identifier, if different.)

If you are curious what dd does (and you should be, considering what you're building), type help dd in the Terminal.

2. UNPLUG OTHER DRIVES!

This solution worked for me, and I have not seen anyone else post it before. I hope it helps someone.

After following the OP's main steps, I was still getting the boot0 error. I tried many fixes, and none of them worked. Finally, I unplugged every SATA drive except the one with my OS. It booted normally. From there, I plugged in each SATA drive one at a time, booting into OS each time. Never got the boot0 error again.

OK, so this morning after running my system pretty well for many years, my 10.10.x system wont boot and gets the boot0 error. It happened after I had a power outage (system stayed on because of a UPS I have, but lost network). Sometimes I cant recover dhcp without a reboot when their is a network outage. Its really odd. Anyway, its probably been a year since Ive done a usb based upgrade and I originally built this with snow leopard years ago and upgraded from there, so i have no usb flash drive sitting around with the osx install files. I have no idea if there was an automated update that somehow applied, but I cant think of any other reason why it wont boot. I know el capitan isnt compatible with the chimera or whatever bootloader i have (I have no idea as its been so many years). I have no other osx system in the house. I am current booted onto my other disk that has windows on it. Any ideas? Something like rboot isnt going to work with 10.10, right?

Hi there !
My Mavericks Hackintosh have been running smoothly for several years..until yesterday when I had a loss of power during a reboot (mac os was closing down). From now on, I keep having the Boot0 error.
My other drives ( HDD of data and a HDD with window) seem fine otherwise. So I tried to fix it via a bootable unibeast install, but my computer won't boot on the usb stick unless I disconnect my Mavericks SSD :-S. With the SSD plugged I'm stuck with a boot0 error, if disconnected I can boot on windows or the unibeast usb. I tried to reconnect the SSD when already on Unibeast Install, but it won't list the SSD drive (even in diskutil list).
What can I do ?? It seems I can't even make a fresh install on the ssd if it prevents the bootable usb to launch : after selecting the flash drive from bios, I'm stuck on a black screen with a flashing cursor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back