Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I tried every method suggested on this thread but I got nowhere with trying to repair or resurrect my Hackintosh from the boot0 error.

I found that the quickest, cleanest, most stress free way to get around the boot0 problem was to create a
clone of my boot drive using the SuperDuper! Mac app and then to do a clean install of Mac OS X over my boot drive using Clover. The guide advises that there is a steep learning curve but, even though the setup process was a little longer, I wouldn't say it was very difficult. After that was finished I then moved files and settings back over from my boot drive clone using Migration Assistant.

So far, I can say that Clover is better than Unibeast/Multibeast - more stable (I had problems with external drives and audio before).
I had to follow a couple of extra things to install audio but it wasn't too difficult.

Good luck :)!

Hey there, thanks for all the awesome support you offer here.

Just some help for people who followed this guide: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I found that because using the linked guide I just mentioned we transferred our boot files over to the EFI partition, you do not need to unmount the OS X drive like this guide tells you to, but instead change the following command to point towards our new EFI partition. (I have changed /dev/disk0s2 to /dev/disk0s1).

Hope this helps someone!

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s1

Hi,
my os x working well until tomorrow.
I restart os x after a few days to make it fresh. But I saw there lines:
boot0:test
boot0:done :beachball:

noting else. with a blinking curser!

I did:
Insert USB Installer and boot to OS X, Installed chimera not helped. again installed Enoch not helped, Installed Chameleon Boot Loader and again Not helped.

I searched in Google and Boot to USB installer and use this command:
dd if=.... of=... bs=4096
I tried boot0, boot1h, boot1hp, boot1he, boot0hfs
In each one That boot0:test boot:done_ changed error or printing a loop of "boot0:test" or boot0:test boot:done on screen.
boot1h doesn't show any error, but It's stuck!

OS X Partition in Active.
my OS X version is 10.10.5
I have 5 Partitions:

0: System Rerved (windows 7 reserved patition)
1: Windows 7
2: OS X
3: Extended
4: Data (NTFS Partition)
5: Linux (EXT4)
6: Linux Swap​

I follow the first step of the guide.

And fixed the problem in countable seconds and would add that this is probably the best, easy, super quick way to solve the issue.

And transferring extra filder to EFI did not help me at all and even i got my osx corrupted.

Hi, I have a multiple disk installation. Now I've migrated the startup disk into another one and solved the boot0 error BUT if i startup the system with both disk plugged in (The previous startup disk containing the installation and the new one) the system doesn't start up saying that the mach kernel cannot be found.
In simple words: the system can't be started up with the 2 disks plugged in together. How can I cancel the boot information from the old one?
I hope you can understand me, even though the story seems so complicated.

Davide

hi all:

Can anyone help me, i have got same problem
and when i type "dd if=/usr................" but
display "Operation not supported". how come to solve this problem ?

hi all:

Can anyone help me, i have got same problem
and when i type "dd if=/usr................" but
display "Operation not supported". how come to solve this problem ?

Best to copy the code directly from the guide and not retype... Less chance for mistake/error

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Best to copy the code directly from the guide and not retype... Less chance for mistake/error

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

thx reply, when i type commend in "Terminal"
it's prompt "no such file or directory" message

256GB SSD, OS 10.10.5 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back