Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - please share! (apologies for being AWOL from the post for a while...some family issues with my parents & I have been out of pocket).

iStat Menus can see the temperature of my SSD NVMe

PKmtYKo.png

I always use the USB flash drive method...
But you had access to a Windows machine to create the USB BIOS update, correct? I ask because, I have been unable to use a USB BIOS update flash update in my current build and I want to make sure that I will be able to update the Z370 Gaming 5 board before MacOS install.

But you had access to a Windows machine to create the USB BIOS update, correct? I ask because, I have been unable to use a USB BIOS update flash update in my current build and I want to make sure that I will be able to update the Z370 Gaming 5 board before MacOS install.

No you can do it from your hack. Download the file from Gigabyte and put it in a FAT USB key. In the Bios choose Q Flash and find your USB.

No you can do it from your hack. Download the file from Gigabyte and put it in a FAT USB key. In the Bios choose Q Flash and find your USB.
Hopefully this will work on the new Z370 G5 board. Every time I've tried this on the Z170 board I get "cannot read data" or something to that extent. New board, new life? Fewer problems? I can only hope.

are the lilu/whatevergreen kext still necessary for the use of multi screen in this build?

Yes - please share! (apologies for being AWOL from the post for a while...some family issues with my parents & I have been out of pocket).

Sorry about your family issues......I have family in Texas too, but right now they're all healthy.......family first!

Check out Post #151 in this thread....hope you find it helpful!

Hi, I just bought most the components to assemble this build. The only thing I'm missing is the Alpine Ridge card.
Does anyone know where can I buy this card without it being overpriced?
ebay: 140usd
amazon: not selling it
newegg: 150usd
fry's electronics: 55usd but not shipping to Florida, US.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back