Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind detailing how you did this? In MultiBeast or using Kext Wizard? Thanks.
Simply drag and drop AppleALC.kext inside kext folder on your EFI drive, and on Library/Extensions

No I do not use CodecCommander, but now I have another problem. I'm using a powered external hard drive connected to USB 3, and when I turn off the computer it turns on again. Is there a solution?

Edit: Even my USB hub if connected causes reboot immediately after shutdown.
And sometimes after clover boot it locks up with the prohibited symbol. Previously with HS 10.13.3 this did not happen.

Last edited:
1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column

And delete your previous audio kext.

LeleTuratti do you use CodecCommander?
Appreciate the help, but no go. I didn't see any other audio kexts listed, but not sure exactly what the name of the previous kext would be. I image at some point MultiBeast will get updated to handle z370 boards? The audio procedures seem beyond my skillset. Thanks again.

Appreciate the help, but no go. I didn't see any other audio kexts listed, but not sure exactly what the name of the previous kext would be. I image at some point multibeast will get updated to handle z370 boards? The audio procedures seem beyond my skillset. Thanks again.

Hi

In EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other do you have a kext for your audio? If not it's because the kext is in S/L/E i guess.
Download Kext Wizard and run it.

Look in the list of the loaded kexts and you'll find the audio one (ALCXXX.kext or something like that). Locate it with the icon. Delete it.

Rebuild the "cache" (english terme please!) with Kext Wizard.

Go to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other (mount EFI with Clover Configurator) and move AppleALC.kext here.

Reboot

Tadaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back