Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way BoomR explains it work well. The thing is that if you screw up and do things in wrong order or a different method you HAVE to do it from scratch again as Toleda explains here at X: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764
My audio works without any patches with HS 10.13.4. I just use AppleALC.kext in clover.
However, I have loud background noises and the sound is distorted. I tried installing the drivers following the procedure in post #1, but I still have the same problem.

My audio works without any patches with HS 10.13.4. I just use AppleALC.kext in clover.
However, I have loud background noises and the sound is distorted. I tried installing the drivers following the procedure in post #1, but I still have the same problem.
That sounds weird... What kind of background noise? Ground loop? Headphones or speakers working ok on other computers?

My Thunderbolt sound card works perfectly, no disturbance. But if I connect a jack and use the integrated audio I hear loud noises (they are rustles, crackling, pop and more), on all the outputs. The problem occurs a few seconds after login and continues until I press "turn off", which suggests that it is a Realtek driver problem. If I remove AppleALC from clover the audio does not work and the noise becomes very low.
I did a lot of research and I read that many have this problem, but I have not found solutions.

My Thunderbolt sound card works perfectly, no disturbance. But if I connect a jack and use the integrated audio I hear loud noises (they are rustles, crackling, pop and more), on all the outputs. The problem occurs a few seconds after login and continues until I press "turn off", which suggests that it is a Realtek driver problem. If I remove AppleALC from clover the audio does not work and the noise becomes very low.
I did a lot of research and I read that many have this problem, but I have not found solutions.

It seems like a ground loop problem. Try to remove/disconnect the ground connector of the power cable. Sometimes it works.

Do you have a Windows partition? same noise?

Hi all

can't even try to bench (Geekbench) my build with an 5 Ghz OC. The system crashes every times. At 4,7 Ghz it's very stable. (and 29200 with GeekBench MC)
I think this issue comes with my 3600Mhz Corsair.

I'm not a expert in OC and i just want to know the maximum bench. Don't need much power it's just for my own information.

Do you have a Windows partition? same noise?
I no longer have the Windows partition, but if I remember correctly the problem was not on Windows. The noises start when the audio drivers are loaded into MacOS, so I do not understand (maybe it's a problem with the last kext?)

Hi all

can't even try to bench (Geekbench) my build with an 5 Ghz OC. The system crashes every times. At 4,7 Ghz it's very stable. (and 29200 with GeekBench MC)
I think this issue comes with my 3600Mhz Corsair.

I'm not a expert in OC and i just want to know the maximum bench. Don't need much power it's just for my own information.
Try setting the CPU to 4.8 (use CPU upgrade menu) and the ram to 3000 (under XMP enter 30). With these settings I make 30'000 in MC, if instead I leave the ram at 3200 I go down to 29'000, I do not know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back