Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Rx 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What happened when you tried the instructions from posts #361 & #362 (above)?
Yes and I have the same problem,
any ideas?
What BIOS version you have installed? I'm on F12.
Maybe the best option is do a new fresh Install from Mojave, update it to last version and then upgrade to Catalina, what do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.43.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.43.43.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 29

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yes and I have the same problem,
any ideas?
What BIOS version you have installed? I'm on F12.
Maybe the best option is do a new fresh Install from Mojave, update it to last version and then upgrade to Catalina, what do you think?
Sadly, I'm not going to be a lot of help right now. I've actually done another "PowerUp" to this build, and now have Gigabyte Z490 VISION D motherboard, and i9-10850K processor. Hopefully someone else here can chime in to provide some insights for you. IMHO, I've always had the best success (up to now) by simply doing a clean install of the new OS vs. upgrading.

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have the same build, but I'm having some problems trying to update.
My system is rebooting after a couple settings of update.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Rx 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sadly, I'm not going to be a lot of help right now. I've actually done another "PowerUp" to this build, and now have Gigabyte Z490 VISION D motherboard, and i9-10850K processor. Hopefully someone else here can chime in to provide some insights for you. IMHO, I've always had the best success (up to now) by simply doing a clean install of the new OS vs. upgrading.
Thanks for your help and for your build, helps me a lot in my work.
Looking forward for your new "PowerUp".

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mate, my CPU is overheating when using some programs, exporting stuff and forcing it.
Is there something that you would recommend me to do?

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Mate, my CPU is overheating when using some programs, exporting stuff and forcing it.
There's a lot to be said for getting some REALLY good thermal paste, and do your research on the best water cooling system you can afford... and if you're OC'ing, don't try & push it to the point of breaking when your everyday use for those kinds of apps....

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There's a lot to be said for getting some REALLY good thermal paste, and do your research on the best water cooling system you can afford... and if you're OC'ing, don't try & push it to the point of breaking when your everyday use for those kinds of apps....
Thanks mate.
Let me ask you something, adding another RX580 to my setup, do I need to make any adjustments to my sistem?
Would it improve my FCPX performance?

Motherboard
AsRock X570 Gaming 4
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700
Graphics
Radeon 5700XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've used AIO water coolers for many years on my builds, but probably won't again since I decided to give Noctua a try on my latest AMD Hack. 15 degrees Celsius cooler than the Wraith cooler AMD provides with the CPU, which itself is a definite step up from the normally bundled Intel coolers.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
AMD VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone here with an successful OpenCore system of this build? Eager to switch to OC but not sure if I'm confident to do it without a guide. Thanks

Motherboard
AsRock X570 Gaming 4
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700
Graphics
Radeon 5700XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Anyone here with an successful OpenCore system of this build? Eager to switch to OC but not sure if I'm confident to do it without a guide. Thanks
Without a guide?? There is a comprehensive guide on the Dortania website for all manner of different CPUs and chipsets.

I suggest you grab an unused hard drive and practice your install on that until a successful install and satisfaction with performance (including a successful USB map). I cut my Hackintosh teeth on the wonderful tools available here on TonyMac and have had mostly great success on a wide variety of hardware, but the OpenCore install, while more work initially, has been more trouble free after the install.

Last edited: