Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Bluetooth stopped working after updating to 10.15.1 (BCM943602CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: BCM943602CS is Product ID 0x8290 so run the following:
Code:
sudo dfu-util -R -D /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/Resources/20703_8290.dfu
That did the trick! Bluetooth is back! OMG!!! I need to cancel my replacement card order!

EDIT: Been struggling with this issue for 5 days! You're a GOD of Hackintosh world! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!

Ok, back at base now.

Brilliant thread so far :thumbup: Thanks @headkaze for helping. Agreed, well, a demi-God at any rate ;)

Just a thought:

Code:
brew analytics off

:)

So, the question seems to remain, Whodunit? Was it Catalina 10.15.1 in the library with a lead-pipe; was it Clover in the Dinning-room with a dagger; or was it emulated EFI in the kitchen with a candlestick?

:?:

So, the question seems to remain, Whodunit? Was it Catalina 10.15.1 in the library with a lead-pipe; was it Clover in the Dinning-room with a dagger; or was it emulated EFI in the kitchen with a candlestick?

:?:
Don't have a clue. I still think that 10.15.1 messed up with the firmware.
Boy i am happy now. Not just that bluetooth is working, but because if the same problem occurs to me or somebody else, we'll know how to fix it.

Does it survive a reboot? Are you still on 10.15.1?
Reboot - yes. I haven't tried if it survives without a power cord.
Now it shows:
Product ID: 0x8290
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Version: 1.69
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp.
Location ID: 0x1d180000
iMessages, AirDrop returned. Still checking Continuity/Handoff, Apple Watch unlocking.

EDIT: Forgot to answer part of the question - yes, i'm on 10.15.1.

EDIT: Forgot to answer part of the question - yes, i'm on 10.15.1.
Well it's not the firmware in 10.15.1 then but there appears to be some sort of failure or corruption that occured during the firmware upload. It's good to know it's relatively easy to recover from.

Well it's not the firmware in 10.15.1 then but there appears to be some sort of failure or corruption that occured during the firmware upload. It's good to know it's relatively easy to recover from.

I was just thinking along these lines. The firmware was already there in the kext bundle/resource - and it works - so, as I joked before, what is it caused the corruption? Not actually the 10.15.1 update itself?

I was just thinking along these lines. The firmware was already there in the kext bundle/resource - and it works - so, as I joked before, what is it caused the corruption? Not actually the 10.15.1 update itself?
It happened during the update, so we can argue :D
I think one of the two happened:
- Some kind of firmware flashing error during the update.
- My original firmware was of different model, and that one is corrupted. And this one, that i flashed now, is not corrupted and of different model, but it still works.

- Some kind of firmware flashing error during the update.
Yes, so I'm guessing Apple's BT firmware is not uploaded again on each boot like our Broadcom firmware is using BrcmPatchRAM3. It happens during an update so if it fails your BT hardware is bricked until you flash it again manually.

EDIT: But ultimately a bug in 10.15.1 because a firmware upload failure should not brick your hardware like that. Most likely already fixed in 10.15.2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back