Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Bluetooth stopped working after updating to 10.15.1 (BCM943602CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do a cold start into MacOs without going into Windows 1st, do you have the same problems?
Do you know which antenna is BT? Have you swapped them?
Are you running Clover or OC? What KEXTS are you running?

It's random, sometimes happens when I first boot into Windows, then soft reboot directly into macOS.
Using OC (Latest) since forecer.

Not using any BT kexts, since the card is OOB. Card is BCM94360CS2

Are you using a USB port map or USBInjectAll? I had a similar issue (can't remember if it was Catalina or Big Sur) and removed my USB port map and was back in business.

I used USB port map and have verified that the internal port is working. I also tried USBInjectAll with the same result.

It's random, sometimes happens when I first boot into Windows, then soft reboot directly into macOS.
Using OC (Latest) since forecer.

Not using any BT kexts, since the card is OOB. Card is BCM94360CS2
I was trying to prove your theory that the issue might have to do with how Windows is access the BT device. Do the issues still happen if you cold boot directly into MacOS without going into Windows?

I used USB port map and have verified that the internal port is working. I also tried USBInjectAll with the same result.
Is there anything under Bluetooth in the System Report?

I was trying to prove your theory that the issue might have to do with how Windows is access the BT device. Do the issues still happen if you cold boot directly into MacOS without going into Windows?

yeah the issue is still there even from cold boot.

You get that when you run (note the addition of -R)?:
Code:
sudo dfu-util -R -U backup.dfu
If so then I don't know why it's stuck in DFU mode like that and we shouldn't attempt to flash the firmware again unless we know the Product ID of your hardware.

EDIT: BCM943602CS is Product ID 0x8290 so run the following:
Code:
sudo dfu-util -R -D /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/Resources/20703_8290.dfu
This saved my Bluetooth, thanks @headkaze. :clap:

For the record, it's BCM943602CS it used to work OOB, then the signal dropped to working within only a couple inches for a few months, then it totally stopped working in Big Sur and it showed the wrong device id F007 so I found this thread and your solution restored it to fully working without any injector kexts.

Adding my $.02, been on Mojave 10.14.6 for sometime now. Had recently applied several security and Safari updates, with a still functioning BT connection. Updates would go thru normal restarts to apply changes. Then last week, not sure why I did it, but I did a shutdown. When my Hack came back up, I had lost BT. So to me, it appears the BT firmware got updated during the power up boot sequence. Glad I came across this thread, and many thanks to @headkaze for providing the fix. Will update my documentation to include the remedy, b/c you never know when you might lose power due to an outage. A pain in the rear to determine the cause, and to seek a working solution.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back