Contribute
Register

Bluetooth stopped working after reinstallation of a Fenvi T919

Ah bummer, tried to install that yesterday but it refused...

I may have a Mojave install somewhere. Does that work to?
windows is a lot easier to install than anything else :)

yes, Mojave works with the guide I linked above

I thought this was unnessesary for the T919? Did something change?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, Ventura.

As you can see from your screengrab the BT card is identified and powered on. If it was a USB problem then likely you would see no BT at all.

:)

Yes but it also showed up if the card was not connected...

Do you mean without the USB cable connected to the motherboard, or the card not in the PC at all?

c) All of the above.

Well that's a first. The Asus Z170-A doesn't appear to have it's own built-in WiFi or Bluetooth, so if you see BT without the card inserted I'd call that a real mystery. No idea where to go next...

Well that's a first. The Asus Z170-A doesn't appear to have it's own built-in WiFi or Bluetooth, so if you see BT without the card inserted I'd call that a real mystery. No idea where to go next...

Well it seems to default to the wrong card. Last I checked, the Fenvi did not have that particular chipset that I've seen in system report.

Back to basics (and post #1).

The Fenvi BT controller is shown as recognised BUT has not declared it's MAC address. This is why the BlueToolFixup.kext was suggested.

Another issue can be the USB port you have it connected to. Make sure it isn't an internal hub.

As for the wrong card showing, this will only happen if you are using one of the BRCM firmware injector kexts. The Fenvi does not need one of those.

The whole point of a Fenvi card is that it is native. A way-out idea but which version of Ventura are you trying? Maybe a deprecated chipset in the latest? Things change over time...

Last edited:
Back